Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it make you nervous if..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Your dh was talking to a lady on fb?

Let me start off by saying that it's nothing he hides. He tells me about this woman and her problems. Also I can log into his fb and see the messages and what's being said.

He calls her "cake lady" because she makes the best, I repeat THE BEST homemade key lime cake (dh's favorite). I've tried to make it but I fuck it up every time!!! Anyways he started buying cakes from her about 4 years ago. She's just a sahm who bakes to make extra money.

Anyways apparently her dh always cheats on her and treats her like she is nothing more than a shit smear on the sidewalk. He rubs it in her face that he cheats on her and also has girls call his phone all the time. They have 3 or 4 kids together (I'm not sure) and he just started acting like this after their youngest was born (he's 15m now).

So she will message my dh talking about her husband and how she don't understand why he does the things he does. He calls her ugly and fat (which shes Not fat) She will say what a lucky woman I am because I have a great dh. She wished that she could know love like we have together...dh will respond with things like "oh that sucks..I'm sorry." "you deserve better" "go bake a man one of them cakes and you will win his heart" "I couldn't imagine doing something like that to c (me) he sounds like a huge asshole" "kick him out and change the locks"

To me sometimes it sounds like she just needs someone to talk to but it very well could be her trying to reel in my dh?? But she's really jacked up looking so idk. Do you think my dh I just being nice or should I be worried?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
radioheid
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I think you're nervous over nothing.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Aislinn
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a really nice guy. I was just wondering how other women would feel. She is a nice lady too. It just kind of rubbed me wrong how she's all like "c is so lucky to have you" like she was trying to get him to say something to cross the line.

Quoting Aislinn:

I am a BIG proponent of man/female platonic relations. I know they can work and having a friend of the opposite sex, when no sex is involved, can be very useful when you are having SO problems. The other sex can give you prospective that someone of the same sex cannot. Only you know your husband. Do you think he would cross the line or is he just a really nice guy who feels bad a fellow man is such a twit?

IMO, the best way to deal with this is befriend her. Once you get a handle on what she is all about, you can figure out what her intentions are. 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Why are so many women jumping from friendship to cheating? Wow I hope none of you have male friends that you talk to!

It sounds like she trusts your hubby and he clearly is telling you everything wtf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Dh says that she kinda trapped. She has no friends and her family all live out of state. She has 3 or 4 little ones so she's at home with them bc child care would cost too much. She's recently not been making cakes because her asshole dh takes all her mixing Bowles and cake pans ad uses them to feed his dogs. Last time she made us a cake we bought her a disposable pan to bake it in. Her dh won't give her money because they are on fs and he says that's all she needs money for is food. She charges $20 a cake and they are worth it

Quoting MIA0223:

I wouldn't like it.

If she has such issues why not do more than just make money on the side, why not leave and make it a job or get another?

theskyisbluenow
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I agree with this also it's a slippery slope, for a lack of a better way to word it lol.

Quoting sampson200:

1. He might be being kind right now, but they're not really 'friends' and it's a bit inappropriate.

2. She might start to get 'greener pastures eyes' with your husband because he's being a supportive ear that she isn't getting from her own husband. Warning sign.

3. If you have a great and open (talking) marriage with your husband, I wouldn't worry; but I would keep an eye on their behavior and at LEAST tell your husband you find it worrisome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM

If your dh is not hiding the conversations from you, then you shouldn't be worried.. even if that lady is trying to reel your husband in... but I doubt she is. She seems to respect the fact that your husband is faithful to you and maybe that's why she trusts him to open up to? I know I open up more to men who don't hit on me or try to take me home.. lol. I have a lot more respect for guys who are genuine and don't try to cheat on their SO's. And no, I never try to pick a guy up... If I'm gonna go past a friendship level with a guy, he's gonna initiate it, and he is gonna be single! LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I know it's blowing my mind!

Quoting OneToughMami:

Why are so many women jumping from friendship to cheating? Wow I hope none of you have male friends that you talk to!

It sounds like she trusts your hubby and he clearly is telling you everything wtf

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM
That's how I feel.

Quoting 081499:

Personally, I'd not only be okay with, but PROUD of DH being kind to a woman who's hurting that much.  If things ever starting getting inappropriate (coming from her), I know he'd come talk to me and we'd deal with it together.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I was just questioning the part from her where she's all like " is such a lucky lady blah blah blah" but we are honest with each other and i was just wondering what other women thought

Quoting sampson200:

1. He might be being kind right now, but they're not really 'friends' and it's a bit inappropriate.

2. She might start to get 'greener pastures eyes' with your husband because he's being a supportive ear that she isn't getting from her own husband. Warning sign.

3. If you have a great and open (talking) marriage with your husband, I wouldn't worry; but I would keep an eye on their behavior and at LEAST tell your husband you find it worrisome.

IWannaLoveAgain
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM

It wouldn't make me nervous, but I wouldn't really care for SO to be some SAHM's shoulder to cry on. EMotional things like that, deep talks, and the cheer-up-factor is what causes people to get attached to one another.. and well, no. You DH may just be being nice, but you dont know what SHE'S thinking.. and you dont know what it could eventually turn in to.. dont sit back and let this happen and then complain later that the line was crossed... ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured