Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
order food from places and then sit in their car to eat?

Is it because they are embarrassed to sit at a table alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
coleysmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Its nice to grab a bite and sit in my car listening to the radio and playing on cafemom in peace and quiet in between errands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Oh, I miss Fazoli's because I moved in January and that's why I can't go there anymore.  But the second statement was in answer to "why do people order food from places and then sit in their car to eat?"  I don't sit in my car, I take it home.  But that's one more reason why people might do that. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Go there during the week at lunchtime. It is all either business folks or old folks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, I miss Fazoli's. 

I don't eat in low priced places anymore because too many people allow their children to misbehave and disrupt everyone else's dining experience.  

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I was leaving a place from my lunch break. I got in my car. I looked to my left and someone was sitting in their car eating. I looked to my right and there was another person sitting in their car eating.

It was at Fazoli's.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM

nope don't personally give a damn what other people think

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Maybe they really like a song thats on the radio or maybe they are listening to talk radio and want to hear what happens.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM

i do it some times when I dnt want to deal with people an I still have other place I have to be after we eat.

KeepJeep
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I have done it a few times because of XM radio! So many great things to listen to and I have been known to order and eat in the car. Dr. Laura infuriates me, but I have listen.

Quoting jenmeehan11:

So they can listen to the radio while they eat. Or so they are not eating and driving at the same time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomsRule723
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I do it sometimes.  Sometimes that half hour is the only half hour that I have ALL DAY to myself.  I am always in such a hurry to get to work or get home or get to whereever I am going.  So sometimes for my lunch break I will hit a drive thru, find a nice park or even a parking lot, blast my radio and eat my lunch without anyone wanting anything.  It can be very relaxing actually.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

a/c... privacy... their choice of music.. I can think of tons of reasons

mommaslilmen
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM
My ex just liked eating in his car. Drove me crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fabulous24
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Well I do that sometimes when I'm at work. I like being alone. I have 2 little kids and a husband and that is my only time I can have alone. So I sit in my car eat my lunch, surf the web, or watch Netflix on my iPad. I am in no way embarass, I look great. I just want peace. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)