Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"That's disgusting! You should really bathe your child!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies

Is what I was told about DD's birthmark today at the grocery store.

We were in line at the grocery store and a there was a woman behind me with her DD. The girls know each other from school so they were talking. I noticed the other mom staring at my DD's neck and asked her if she had a problem. She says "Yes, that is disgusting and you need to bathe her!" WTF?!?! "Umm...no! Thats her birthmark you moron!" was my reaction. "Well its dusgusting looking, maybe you should see a doctor about getting it removed" she said. Again, WTF?!?

When were walking out the store I was livid! Luckily my DD is confident and tells me "Mommy, don't be mad. She's just mad cause she's not as lucky as me and was born with cheetah print" LOL I always tell her that she's my wild cat/rock star, that her birth mark is proof cause it looks a bit like cheetah print.

Now honestly, does that look like dirt to anyone? Maybe cause I know what it is, is why it doesn't look like dirt to me?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Looks a bit like a healing bruise to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Doesn't look like dirt to me. If it were, how would she get it shaped like that in one little area and nowhere else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddemarco
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM
8 moms liked this

It doesn't look disgusting.  It looks like freckles to me lol

Karasfirst
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope doesn't look like dirt at all! That lady was an idiot. I actually think its kinda cute and unique:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Wth?? I would have slapped the bitch. Even if it did look like dirt, why the hell does the lady care??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddiesMama09
What the hell?! That is not disgusting at all nor does it resemble dirt. Geezus...people these days are so obnoxious. I love your daughters response about it. So cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilindian
1 mom liked this
No it don't look like dirt to me. It looks like what you said. Way to go with helping build her confidence not to many parents do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Only an Idiot would think that was dirt.

Ignore the Moron..... I only wish YOU had videotaped the convo, lol

Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Ohh I better see a doctor about my face then! Need to get these freckles removed ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM

It does not look like dirt. 
At. All.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)