Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"That's disgusting! You should really bathe your child!"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is what I was told about DD's birthmark today at the grocery store.

We were in line at the grocery store and a there was a woman behind me with her DD. The girls know each other from school so they were talking. I noticed the other mom staring at my DD's neck and asked her if she had a problem. She says "Yes, that is disgusting and you need to bathe her!" WTF?!?! "Umm...no! Thats her birthmark you moron!" was my reaction. "Well its dusgusting looking, maybe you should see a doctor about getting it removed" she said. Again, WTF?!?

When were walking out the store I was livid! Luckily my DD is confident and tells me "Mommy, don't be mad. She's just mad cause she's not as lucky as me and was born with cheetah print" LOL I always tell her that she's my wild cat/rock star, that her birth mark is proof cause it looks a bit like cheetah print.

Now honestly, does that look like dirt to anyone? Maybe cause I know what it is, is why it doesn't look like dirt to me?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Replies (131-131):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 14, 2018 at 1:41 AM
I can tell its a birthmark..

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Is what I was told about DD's birthmark today at the grocery store.

We were in line at the grocery store and a there was a woman behind me with her DD. The girls know each other from school so they were talking. I noticed the other mom staring at my DD's neck and asked her if she had a problem. She says "Yes, that is disgusting and you need to bathe her!" WTF?!?! "Umm...no! Thats her birthmark you moron!" was my reaction. "Well its dusgusting looking, maybe you should see a doctor about getting it removed" she said. Again, WTF?!?

When were walking out the store I was livid! Luckily my DD is confident and tells me "Mommy, don't be mad. She's just mad cause she's not as lucky as me and was born with cheetah print" LOL I always tell her that she's my wild cat/rock star, that her birth mark is proof cause it looks a bit like cheetah print.

Now honestly, does that look like dirt to anyone? Maybe cause I know what it is, is why it doesn't look like dirt to me?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)