Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

share your birth story...I'm freaking out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

I had a dream last night about giving birth. It was vivid and scary and even slightly painful (you know how when you dream your in pain).
I'm both scared and exited to have my baby boy in a few months but now I have no idea what to expect.....

Please, what was your birth experience like?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM

bump to hear other birth stories

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM
dont read if it will make you nervous!!!
it was PAINFUL!
i had an epi. so i didnt feel the contractions until i got to 10cm so that part was fine. but they turned it down so i could feel when to push & the pain at the end was undescribable. everytime i pushed, i puked & felt weaker. my dad was squeezing my hand tighter than i was squeezing his & kept telling me to push harder. and the closer to the end i got the more it hurt. it felt like i was trying to poop out a bowling ball! but then again ds was almost 9ibs & i hadnt done any stretching to prepare for labor. he was worth it though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I was a week late. I had a great birth. I did end up getting the epi, I wished I hadn't lol. I was at 4 cms for a while, I thought I was 4cms when I got the epi, since it was only 30mins since they last checked me, nope I was 7. 15mins later I was pushing. I got to touch her head before it came all the way out. I just had complications once she was out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

crying

Quoting whoopsie16:

dont read if it will make you nervous!!!
it was PAINFUL!
i had an epi. so i didnt feel the contractions until i got to 10cm so that part was fine. but they turned it down so i could feel when to push & the pain at the end was undescribable. everytime i pushed, i puked & felt weaker. my dad was squeezing my hand tighter than i was squeezing his & kept telling me to push harder. and the closer to the end i got the more it hurt. it felt like i was trying to poop out a bowling ball! but then again ds was almost 9ibs & i hadnt done any stretching to prepare for labor. he was worth it though :)

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
8 hours of labor. 4 pushes and the kid was out. No meds. The pain was mild compared to my period pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_cullum
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM
No. It would scare you even more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bgbd
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I'm a freak but ds was a breeze to deliver. All natural, not so much as a Tylenol, 8lb 15oz, 3 or 4 pushes and 4hrs total labor time.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM
2 unplanned csections here. Not going through that again, I'm done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ta2dirishlass
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Mine was pretty uneventful. I had my epidural, got some rest while waiting to get to 10 cm, had to have antibiotics because I was running a fever. I pushed for three hours because the nurse thought I could push past a lip of cervix and it slowed me down, as did DD being face up so we spent an hour trying to turn her. I had an episiotomy but recovery wasn't terrible as long as I had ice packs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 4:13 PM
My birth stories will not make you feel better lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)