Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope DDs bus driver gets fired!! (long)

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 309 Replies
So today my kinder rode the bus for the first time today (school started last week) because we were a lil iffy on if we should send her on or not. We could be a bit too paranoid.

Well it is policy to not let kinder off with out parent or guardian there. The driver is to come back after route and if parent if still not there they take them back to the school and contact us.

Ok so neighbors said bus had been on time at 2:45 all last week. I set my phone alarm at 2:25 to start walking down the street. At 2:15 someone is repeatedly ringing the doorbell :/ I get closer to the door and hear my DD screaming, "mom I'm home" I'm like WTF!!!

So I run out and see the neighbor just as in shock as I am. First problem, the bus was 30 min early. Second he let my 5 year old off the bus with out any adult. Third, she crossed the street alone (neighbor was watching) but still!

I called and raised hell! I'm furious! I should be getting a call in the next hour or so... Hopefully.

Has any one had a horror story with their LOs school bus/driver? Should I pull her all together from riding the bus?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimmykat222
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:37 PM
3 moms liked this
It's not the bus drivers responsibility to make sure an adult is present when a child gets off the bus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM
That would piss me off and freak me out my daughter starts school next week and will be riding the bus thats scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM
11 moms liked this

If the school has a policy in place saying so, then it is.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

It's not the bus drivers responsibility to make sure an adult is present when a child gets off the bus.

poietes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I agree.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Yes, it absolutely is. Possibly not in your area but here it is. If you want them to let the children out without an adult at the stop then you have to send a note.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

ermka
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
We had a problem last year, the bus driver would come really early or super late (like, the letter we got in the mail said the pickup was at 7:30, she was there at 7:10, we were outside taking pictures, or we'd have completely missed it. I told her what the letter had said and that there were at least 5 other kindergartners & she basically, in a not so polite way told me she didn't care what the transport. depth said, this was when she was coming. Then while leaving and dropping off I'd hear her screaming at the kids & more than once heard her tell them to sit down and shut up. The only kids on the bus were k & 1st. It was a small bus, so even when she was full she only had about 20 kids.) I called the transport dept and the school twice. A month into school she was gone & the driver we had the rest of the year was awesome. We also have the rule about someone being present to pick them up, I've never had an issue with that. But I'd be livid if my child was dropped off and needed to cross a road at that age, especially with that rule in place for that exact reason. I wouldn't pull her off the bus, but I'd make it.known how unhappy I was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meglennox
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM
No but i scared my mom when i was in kindergarten. I fell asleep on the bus coming home. Bus driver didnt see me so ge didnt stop at my driveway. Freaked my mom out. The driver finished his route, stopped the bus to check all the seats, found me and then took me home. :) opps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM
It's common sense.

Quoting ChunkyMonkey25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)