Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has this happened to you? or am I just a bad mom...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I was doing laundry while my two year old and two month old were napping. My four year old asked to watch a movie so I put it on before starting the clothes. About 10 mins later I go back to check on her and she managed to cut off all my two year olds hair....it was short to begin with but now its really short. She found a pair if small sewing scissors somewhere in the bottom of our utility drawer I didnt know existed. I feel so bad for my poor two year old....has anything happened to you like this? Please share so I don't feel so horrible about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I am going to say not yet. Children are resourceful and will find a way. I do my best as you thought you did to keep things like that out of reach but they are creative and where there is a will there is a way right? It is hair and will grow back. Don't kick yourself too hard.

morisa32
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! When my daughter was 2. She gave our dog a haircut ( the dog was a husky mix) poor dog had to walk around with a bald tail for about a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramita
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM
My oldest dd has a bad habit of cutting her own hair! its something that some kids do and others never even think about doing. Just try to keep the scissors up to avoid this happening again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM
My niece cut her brothers hair when my kids were younger and that was her punishment so that's how they no better :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats actually a good idea. Thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

No I have five kids and they no better than to play with scissors. As punishment I would cut the four year olds hair really short too
Ebster
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM
My son cut his own hair with scissors once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM
That's it. I'm finding all the scissors and hiding them. It has taken 5 years to get my oldest dd's hair past her shoulders. I would be devastated. Ds's hair stays short anyways. And the baby is barely getting started. A haircut on he wouldn't be devastating but I'm afraid she could get hurt.

But hey, things happen. Nobody got hurt.

.....now where did I put all those scissors?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

well no. my son is 9 yrs old and an only child and has always had short hair. so never had any issues there. but when I was 5 yrs old I got mad at my mom and went into the bathroom and cut off all my hair. it was the day before my kindergarten graduation too. my mom had to work and left me at home with my 13 yr old sister. my sister called my mom at work crying hysterically. she thought she was gonna be in so much trouble. my mom came home and took me to a salon and tried to get it fixed up the best she could. but I cut it all off completely. my mom was only upset cuz it was day before kindergarten graduation. I had really short hair there for awhile. but it eventually all grew back. was just really awkward for awhile.

alyceabella
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Yup, I have 3 girls. My oldest was 5 when she cut her own hair and then her younger sisters. I was lucky because she actually did a nice job lol 

isaiahsmomma86
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Kids are sneeky, lol. It might happen again, i think my friend's daughter used her scissors she was taking to school, she had hidden all her scissors. lol In the end, its just hair and it'll grow back. Take pictures to show them when they're older! They'll love it. There's a picture somewhere of my sister covering me and my twin sister in Vaseline. lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow! I thought I successfully hid all the scissors in the house and my husband's clippers for his hair. I hope this is a one time thing!!!

Quoting isaiahsmomma86:

Hasn't happened to me, nut I can never find the scissors at my house so I doubt my son could lol (they're usually on top of the fridge or in a cabinet lol I'm short and hubby puts them way up lol). But I have a friend whose daughter cuts her own hair quite often. She did it on the first day of school! Lol

CafeMom Tickers
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM
My son has cut his younger sisters hair twice. I want to add both times they were in dh's care lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)