Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let it go or say something? They didn't feed him lunch *SMALL UPDATE* *another update, talked to the director*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
The 3 year old started school today and I have to pack snack and lunch. I packed juice treats for snack with a water and for lunch it was potato soup and applesauce with juice and I packed a spoon. He didn't eat the soup....something he always eats and he told me he licked the bowl to eat it and the spoon hasn't been used, it's still wrapped up in the plastic wrap it came in. The water and juice treats were also untouched. The only thing he had apparently was applesauce and a juice box. I'm a tad irritated and I'm looking for advice on if and what I should say. I don't understand why they didnt give him his spoon to eat his food with and why they didnt give him his snack and water.

Small update today and will update after I talk to the teacher tomorrow (he goes two days a week)

I took some of your advice and I'm making his lunch as kid friendly as possible, he can open the zip top baggies so I'm putting everything I can in those.

Chicken nuggets are grilled not fried and they are home made, those are going in a zip top bag

The applesauce is in a pouch he can suck out though the teacher can open that because she did on Tuesday. The applesauce contains nothing but applesauce and apple juice. There is nothing wrong with it and it's healthy. The brand is natures child, feel free to look it up.

I am also packing steamed broccoli though I'm not sure how to pack it yet. I don't want to put it in a bag so I'll try a small disposable container and hope the teacher will open it for him.

He's also getting some graham crackers that I will put in a bag as his treat and for his morning snack I'm packing goldfish, also in a bag

To fix the water problem I will pack his push top water bottle that doesn't leak but he can open it and I will be packing another 100% apple juice box.

He doesn't get dairy at school because he's allergic to milk and things like cheese and yogurt. I make sure he gets calcium from soy milk the broccoli and fortified orange juice plus he also gets vitamins every day.

I hope this appeases all the woman who had a problem with what I packed, though I know even this won't make them happy.

----------update today----------

So the director said they asked him what he wanted and opened just the food he wanted. The 4 chicken nuggets and the applesauce and the graham crackers were gone from his lunch box and the brocolli looks like it was untouched. I was polite but said they need to just set everything out for him that if they ask what he wants he's not going to eat right. She also said I gave him too much food last time. A small thermos of soup and applesauce is not to much for him! He eats that and then some for me.

I think I will start just packing his main course and fruit and veggie and forget the treat because I want him to eat as healthy as possible. I think she expects me to pack a sandwich and chips and I won't be doing that.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Bump
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Say something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
librarywizard
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Say something, just nip it in the bud before it becomes a big situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
SAY something!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Definitely say something! Wtf!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Ask my son did that it turned out he had refused to eat so they told him ok. I was pissed though at first but he is my child and sometimes he simply wont eat.
Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Did you ask him what happened ? What the situation was ? 

I would ask them what happened.... don't jump until you know the situation...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM
And I'm wondering if that's what happened but they should have opened the spoon and water and juice treats anyway. I don't expect them to feed him but I just don't know why they didn't at least open his food for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ask my son did that it turned out he had refused to eat so they told him ok. I was pissed though at first but he is my child and sometimes he simply wont eat.
unusualmom
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Yeah. Say something. Mighta needed help opening spoon and no one came around. Thats happened to my kids. I dont put up with school bullshit anymore. They think they are a higher clan...they arent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Perhaps he wasn't hungry, perhaps he was given something else? Can he tell you? I would definitely ask him or the teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN