Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can someone please explain what is so wrong with having a nanny?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies
Every time a nanny is mentioned on here, it seems that everyone freaks out because only horrible people have nannies.... I just dont get it. Having a nanny means that I am employing some one. Same with having a house keeper or a gardner. In this rough economy, when it seems like so many are desperate for jobs, I would think hiring people would be a positive thing... Why does putting food on another mothers table make me less of a mother?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this

It isnt having a nanny...

Its the sense of entitlement and superiority that seems to come with it. (not saying all women with nannies feel entitled and superior, just most that are on here)

rwblake2011
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing wrong with a nanny to me. As long as your still involved with your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

There is Nothing wrong about having a Nanny....who said it was wrong???

I personally have never and will never have any one other than my self or my DD's/DS's watch the younger children in our family

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It's kind of lazy if you don't have a job but I don't really care either way. I could afford a nanny if I wanted but they are already gone at school so much I kinda miss them. And I don't really like the way anyone else takes care of them :)
singlemom1208
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
People don't like job creators?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM
5 moms liked this

Because they don't have one lol.

ashtie
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I don't know I think people automatically think either why have kids if you are not going to take care of them yourself or people have to much money than they know what to do with it! but i think if that is what you choose more power to you!! I know sometimes it would be nice to have one!! Don't let others judgement get to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont think most think that it's a bad thing, unless you're a sahm or bragging that you make enough money to have one.  It's like just dont expect any sympathy from people when your dh tells you nanny has to stay home.

Josie_P
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I have no idea. We have a nanny. She's a damn good one, too. We have her a job and we both appreciate each other. I guess people think it's snotty, spoiled women who have nannies? I have no idea.

KeepJeep
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I never knew having a nanny was such a big deal until CM. We don't have a nanny, but several of our neighbors and very good friends employ nannies. I have never given it a second thought. Our friends and neighbors are great people and their nannies are very well educated and great with the children. I don't see the issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)