Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it OK for a married woman..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
To call another man and spill all of her marriages issues to him? Is it disrespectful (to her husband) in your opinion?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM
It is disrespectful IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Is this man her therapist?  If not, it's entirely disrespectful to their relationship. 

alwayskk
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:12 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't see why it matters whether she calls a man or a woman. I don't think it's disrespectful to your husband to talk to your friends about your problems but I think it's all in the tone of the conversation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I find it disrespectful to do this, whether you're talking to a male friend or a female friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it depends on the relationship. If she has tried to talk to her dh multiple times and nothing comes of it, I can see talking to a friend for advice.
mommasaint
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Agreed.

Quoting LadyBugMom09:

It is disrespectful IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

What's her motive? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, its a girl from high school DF knows, who is already over stepping bounds with him. Although, that's not my main issue with this situation. My problem is she's LEFT her husband for talking about their marriage with co workers, but yet feels its ok to call my DF and bash her husband and all their issues. I wouldn't talk with anyone really if DF an I ever had major issues. In my eyes when you're having a problem in a relationship you talk to the person you're in the relationship with.

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't see why it matters whether she calls a man or a woman. I don't think it's disrespectful to your husband to talk to your friends about your problems but I think it's all in the tone of the conversation.

rwblake2011
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it depends on the relationship. If she has tried to talk to her dh multiple times and nothing comes of it, I can see talking to a friend for advice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM

This.

No one says we have to have same sex best friends I guess it is just people get way to jealous now a days.

OP IMO I don't think it is I mean yes you two need to be communicating but I am sure he vents to his friends and if he can do that you can talk to yours no matte what. I mean talking to a man about it would maybe help and get a view point from his perspective would maybe help.

Quoting alwayskk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN