Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Career Moms vs Stay at Home moms.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies

Really there should be no vs here.  But there is, so here is my take on the argument.

Go to College, get your degree, but don't be afraid of getting married and having a family while your on that path.  You are more likely to feel guilty about leaving your career if you've already started it. Or leaving your kids if you have a career. I'm not saying don't have a career. YET, how do you really know if that is what you want to do? I went to college with every intention of becoming a teacher. Since having kids and getting into the parenting life, I've realized that THAT isn't what I REALLY want to do for the rest of my life. But I wouldn't of learned this any other way. Putting a family first before your career is not a sin. It's not belittling yourself in a demeaning guilt fest. I understand some don't have the option, but for those that do. Pick having a family.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM
9 moms liked this
I'm glad I have a great career and am raising an awesome child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Meh, I'm a sahm and glad I'm raising my own kids.
FL2AK
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM
8 moms liked this
I am fully capable of having a career that I love along with a family. It really is possible to have both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasaint
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never had a "career" so to speak since DH and I got married the summer we graduated HS and started having babies pretty much right away. But I have learned that I am very content being a SAHM and have no desire for a career. I do have a degree in education but I've never used it.  I have nothing against moms that do work though. Whatever works for each family......

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

I am fully capable of having a career that I love along with a family. It really is possible to have both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM
10 moms liked this
I am raising mine too, right beside my husband. I just happen to also work. I am pretty sure we all are raising our children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyanneW
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
11 moms liked this
I'm a career mom and I'm glad I'm raising my own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Ok. Having a career is not a sin, either. Your post is pretty hypocritical.
Josie_P
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I had my career before I had my daughter. It was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I wasn't even dead set on becoming a mother. So I was not choosing. I love my daughter with everything that I have but I also love having a career. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM
They are both great. I personaly suck at the housewife sahm thing lol. I cant wait to get back to work when my children are older and Im finished with my degree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)