Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Career Moms vs Stay at Home moms.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Really there should be no vs here.  But there is, so here is my take on the argument.

Go to College, get your degree, but don't be afraid of getting married and having a family while your on that path.  You are more likely to feel guilty about leaving your career if you've already started it. Or leaving your kids if you have a career. I'm not saying don't have a career. YET, how do you really know if that is what you want to do? I went to college with every intention of becoming a teacher. Since having kids and getting into the parenting life, I've realized that THAT isn't what I REALLY want to do for the rest of my life. But I wouldn't of learned this any other way. Putting a family first before your career is not a sin. It's not belittling yourself in a demeaning guilt fest. I understand some don't have the option, but for those that do. Pick having a family.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Ew shut up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool story bro.

Quoting CheyanneW:

I'm a career mom and I'm glad I'm raising my own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh, I'm a sahm and glad I'm raising my own kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM
You quoted what I said. I commented back, in an effort not to be rude. Didn't really have anything specific I wanted to say outside of "cool story".
Jealous?? Of what? Talk about assumptions. Not everyone is jealous of people who live differently than they do. I live the exact life I want to live because of choices I've made. No reason to be jealous. But perhaps I could assume you're jealous of me since you took such offense to such an obvious non-offensive statement. I've been a career mom. Didn't work for me. I'm a better mom being at home raising my kids myself.

Quoting CheyanneW:

What story is that? I didn't tell my situation or why I feel that way. What is it that you're assuming? Or are you just jealous?

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool story bro.

Quoting CheyanneW:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Ew, piss off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ew shut up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool story bro.

Quoting CheyanneW:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Right now I have to work. My DH is going to school and working. He is almost done. When he's done, he will get a huge increase in pay. I have gone back and forth on if I should SAH when that happens. I think I will continue to work because if something happens, I want to be able support my DS independently.
ltmana
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM
5 moms liked this
My theory is CM secretly appoints "anonymous" to write controversial (or potentially controversial) posts to keep things interesting to gain popularity, and more users.
CM wants to be the Wal Mart of the interwebs. O_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
2 moms liked this

And I'm a working mom who raises her own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

aviatioNation
1 mom liked this

If you can't be a good mom while working you can't be a good mom at all. Whether you have a job or not does not change your parent skills or lack thereof.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been a working mom too. For me, I wasn't able to work and be a good mom. Made the choice to be a sahm...to raise my own kids. As I said, speakin from my situation. If you wanna be offended, have at it. It's a free country.

Quoting Josie_P:

Because the "And glad I'm raising my own kids" wasn't a stab at working mums? Righttttt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome. I never stated otherwise. I can only speak for myself.

Quoting Josie_P:

Funny, I'm raising my daughter, too.

Quoting Anonymous:

CheyanneW
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That's your effort not to be rude? "Cool story bro" is a rude and immature comment. If you had nothing to say then don't say anything. Commenting that something is a story insinuates that you believe it's fiction.

Quoting Anonymous:

You quoted what I said. I commented back, in an effort not to be rude. Didn't really have anything specific I wanted to say outside of "cool story".

Jealous?? Of what? Talk about assumptions. Not everyone is jealous of people who live differently than they do. I live the exact life I want to live because of choices I've made. No reason to be jealous. But perhaps I could assume you're jealous of me since you took such offense to such an obvious non-offensive statement. I've been a career mom. Didn't work for me. I'm a better mom being at home raising my kids myself.

Quoting CheyanneW:

What story is that? I didn't tell my situation or why I feel that way. What is it that you're assuming? Or are you just jealous?

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool story bro.

Quoting CheyanneW:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Awesome.

Quoting LucyHarper:

And I'm a working mom who raises her own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I've done both. I'm happy with my decision.

Although, I would never suggest that anyone else make the same decision just because it works for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)