Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cashiers can be so annoying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
2 moms liked this

I love reading all the stuff about what it's like working in a retail place, the complaints we have about annoying customers.  I'm gonna change it up and complain about the stupid cashier i had today at McDonalds (ok, it IS just mcdonald's, but still...you work with the public...and this can apply anywhere) i do work in the public too, so i follow the following suggestions at my job. i know you can do it in yours:

1. Do not be so preoccupied with the fact that you're getting off in 5 minutes that you ignore me and what i'm telling you. You are still on the clock, so do your job until your boss comes to relieve you. Just because you're in a hurry, don't hurry me along and enter the wrong order into your computer. LISTEN to me. 

2. DO NOT EVER talk to your customers about 
    a. How excited you are to leave work in 5 minutes.
    b. How terrible another employee or customer is
    c. How much you hate your job
    d. How awful a day you're having
    I don't care about any of this as a customer. I want my food/product and I want to be out of there, not stopping to chit chat with you about your life. (I will if you are friendly about it and not a big fat grump)

3. Do not answer your cell phone or texts while you have customers in view. I work in a place where we have up and down periods. if all work is done and all customers are gone, we're allowed to use our phones. anyone who pulls out a cell phone with customers who need helped (unless you're a cell phone salesman) should be fired.

4. Please, if you're not into conversation (which is fine) at the very least you should welcome me, tell me my total, and say thank you. that's just common courtesy.

i can't think of anymore. those are my top 4 for now. got any?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM
7 moms liked this

Don't argue with me when you messed up my order.

art.diva
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't act nasty when you screwed up. In fact, an apololgy would be fantastic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melinda32
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Agree to every one of those and I am a customer service rep :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yesmaam
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Wash your hands if you are in the bathroom at the same time as the customer, I do not care if you have a sink in the back employee area to wash where I cannot see you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Agreed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I also hate when a cashier starts telling me about her awful day. I've got my own problems, I don't need the problems of a complete stranger bringing me down.

There's a cashier at my grocery store who has a new sob story every damn week. She's the most depressing person I've ever encountered in my entire life. I try like hell to avoid her line but I actually take my iPod to the store for days when I can't avoid her. On those days, I listen to my music while she rings me up.

I'm sure she thinks I'm rude as hell but I don't care. I can't take that level of Eeyore from anyone.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmao...  I totally agree.  However, this is CM.  There's a no win in this situation.  Well unless you're the nasty cashier bragging about what you did today on here.  Then it is well frowned upon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
The cashier at walmart yesterday asked me "what the hell are you looking at" It took everything I had to control my mouth and my husbands temper....
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Im so glad I dont work in that field.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Lmfao @ "that level of eeyore"

A+

Quoting Anonymous:

I also hate when a cashier starts telling me about her awful day. I've got my own problems, I don't need the problems of a complete stranger bringing me down.

There's a cashier at my grocery store who has a new sob story every damn week. She's the most depressing person I've ever encountered in my entire life. I try like hell to avoid her line but I actually take my iPod to the store for days when I can't avoid her. On those days, I listen to my music while she rings me up.

I'm sure she thinks I'm rude as hell but I don't care. I can't take that level of Eeyore from anyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN