Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cancer is funny because people die facebook page

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 38 Replies

I thought I better write that it's a facebook page in the title . I wouldn't want anyone to think I find that kind of thing funny.

Anyhow, have you seen this? It's circulating all over facebok. Frankly, I find it disturbing and Freedom of Speech and all that bs can kiss my a** in this situation!

http://www.causes.com/actions/1674711?recruiter_id=21080939&utm_campaign=invite&utm_medium=wall&utm_source=fb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Controversial-Humor-Cancer-is-funny-cause-people-die/174140266010061

There are various groups against this sick and hateful page! I hope something is done. I realize people are always going to be mean and there are more pages just as bad.

Anyhow, I signed the petition in the name of my Niece who died back in November. So hell yeah, this is personal.

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Wow. Just wow.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM

People are assholes, that's never going to change.

champagne_rose
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

BUMP!

champagne_rose
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM

BUMP!

ltmana
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I've seen it and reported it. The boy who made it says he created it because his father died of cancer and his mom used humor to ease the pain.
That doesn't make it right in my opinion. He posts shit about children dying from cancer and laughs about it. He isn't using his right to freedom of speech. He's intentionally hurting people who are already hurting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DejaVooDoo
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

That page isn't funny, but the members faces might be if I got a hold of them. I would kick them so far up their asses they would have a butt for a set for a lips.

champagne_rose
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Quoting ltmana:

I've seen it and reported it. The boy who made it says he created it because his father died of cancer and his mom used humor to ease the pain.
That doesn't make it right in my opinion. He posts shit about children dying from cancer. He isn't using his right to freedom of speech. He's intentionally hurting people who are already hurting.

He needs help and some sort of counselling. There is no excuse for it though. My brother lost his daughter back in November and is in horrible agony over the loss.

He isn't using freedom of speech, nope. It's just what others say people like him are doing though. Whenever someone says something like this the whole freedom of speech is said. I hate that copout!

champagne_rose
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Quoting DejaVooDoo:

That page isn't funny, but the members faces might be if I got a hold of them. I would kick them so far up their asses they would have a butt for a set for a lips.

I hear you there. I do!

Here is my beautiful niece in siggy.

champagne_rose
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM

BUMP!

SpicyMommaKitty
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. That is just awful and then some. I have lost several family members to cancer and one is dying of throat cancer, stage 4, now. How can people even remotely think that this is funny? I swear, then people wonder why I am so dead set against my children being so "out in the world". I want them to know that that type of humor isn't humorous at all! I swear, I do hope the next generation gets better than the one we see today, then again, from the stuff you read on here, that is sadly not likely. I  am done ranting now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)