Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He wont go to school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

My 17year old son is really upsetting me. He texted yesterday from school and said he didnt feel good. I told him he needed to stay since he had no fever or not vomiting. He got home from school and was fine. He was able to go help the neighbor with some yard work. He ate tacos for dinner. He went over to a friends and played playstation and came home at 8. He then started complaining he was dizzy and did not feel good. He went to bed at 930 and got a good nights sleep. Now this morning he is couging and moaning saying he does not feel good. I told him he has to go to school. He has a nasty attitude and being snappy. He is telling me that I just dont care and being very ugly. He thinks because he sniffles he can stay home. I dont have a clue what to do with him. The things he is saying is really upsetting me and making me feel like crap. This is only the 2nd week of school and they have really cracked down on absences.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM
4 moms liked this
Is he getting bullied?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Maybe you should actually have a sit down conversation with him and find out what is going on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Anxiety maybe?  I'd nip it in the bud.

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Make him go to school. Tell him I he gets a fever you will come get him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dclark39
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:55 AM
What is the reason behind the fake colds? Is he being bullied? Are the teachers really mean find the source maybe a school councillor could help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Hes 17 back off he knows what will happen if he doesnt go! Hes also old enough to make his own choices about his life! And before anyone ask NO i would not force my 17 year old to go to school there are othe choices out there that i would be happy to allow him to do if he didnt want to go to school!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM

He's 17, which likely means "senior".  What he does/doesn't do can and will negatively impact his future.   However, going to bed at 9:30, coughing, and feeling unwell?  I probably wouldn't dismiss it quite so easily. 

MissMysteriouss
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Something is going on at school. I would not take this lightly. We have a handful of teen suicides here every year. Not that he would do that, but something isn't right here.

Talk to your son and try and find out the real reason he doesn't want to go to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM

He says he is dizzy and his stomach hurts. He hates school but everything is fine there. He always does this crap every school year its a chore to get him up and off. I let him pick what he wants for breakfast and have it ready when he gets up..I try to make the mornings as quiet and simple as I can for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you should actually have a sit down conversation with him and find out what is going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:58 AM

*counselor

and at this point, there's no evidence that it's fake

also, if the teachers are "mean"?  Really?  This is high school, not preschool. 

Quoting dclark39:

What is the reason behind the fake colds? Is he being bullied? Are the teachers really mean find the source maybe a school councillor could help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)