Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sick as a Dog *maybe TMI*

Posted by   + Show Post

UGH I am sooo sick! 

I can barely speak, I'm coughing up green flem, my nose is stuffy. I feel like shit on a stick. 

Every time I swallow it feels like their are knifes in my throat.And when I cough it feels like the knifes are being twisted.

I'm pretty sure it is just a sinus infection, but I am going to the doctor anyways. I'm pregnant and I have no idea what I can take over the counter. I could probably look it up but I would rather go in just to be safe.

I'm also being a bad mom and barracading myself in my room. The boys are in the living room (which is right off my bedroom) I have the baby gate up and PBS Kids on. They have been fed breakfast and they can see and talk to me if they need to. 

I feel so lazy.

Since I have become a SAHM, I have not once stayed this late in my PJs or just stuck my kids in front of the tv.

I'm sipping on some hot tea with honey and watching HGTV getting jealous at all these really nice houses. 

I just don't understand how this came on so fast.I had a sore throat (but no cough) maybe two days ago. And then today it is like BAM. Sick as a dog.

Please no bashing nasty anons. 

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Replies (81-83):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I went to the doctor yesterday, she was very shocked to find out I was 18 weeks pregnant because I was in her office 6 months ago getting birth control pills LOL. 

She gave me a zpack and told me to keep drinking tea, use vicks, and to take Tylenol Cold and Sinus. She said that the zpack should help within 24 hours.

I also bought some decaf orange peoke and black tea yesterday....the herbal teas weren't doing the trick.  

Quoting IndigoRose:

Okay...  It does sound like you have a sinus infection, or a very bad cold.  I'm sure you feel like hell.  There are some things you can do herbally, but I definately would check with your doctor, telling him you're pregnant before you take these things :  Echinacea-golden seal capsules can lessen the srverity of your cold and shorten the duration;  garlic capsules are nature's antibiotic---it's good when you have a cold to take them too;  vitamin C pills will help you get over it too...

Yes,---keep drinking the hot tea, regular tea, which has tannic acid in it.  Drink as much as you can.  The tea will hydrate you and it's hard for cold germ to take root in your throat if you're constantly bomdarding them with hot liquid!...

Good luck.  And, don't forget the Vicks Vaporub on your chest to help you to breathe easier!

goddess99
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

feel better

KimberlyMKasten
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Have you gone to the doctor?

I had a a bunch of fluid behind my right ear.

My doctor gave me a z-pack and said it should clear everything up! 

Quoting KimberlyMKasten:

I'm just getting over a sinus infection. I've had if for about 6-7 weeks. Along with a ton of fluid in both ears that won't drain so my ears hurt all the time and half the time I'm listening to everything through a fog. It has not been fun.

I've been to the doctor and they gave me a z-pack and it didn't work. I went back and they gave me a different antibiotic and nasal spray that is supposed to clear up the fluid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN