Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you marry for looks??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

Or are you with your SO mainly because they're 'hot' or 'look good'??

i did not. i'm not even really attracted physically to my dh. BUT, in the over 7 years we've been together, he's always held down a job, i became a SAHM 2 years ago.. there was a 6 month or so period that he was laid off from a job he had just started, but he did odd jobs for people to make money. 

we get along just fine. we rarely fight/argue, he works (like i already said), helps w/ the kids, house, etc...a majority of the time w/o being asked.. i'm a sahm, like i also stated, but he's not the 'holier than thou' type i've read about on here that gets his panties in a twist if the house isn't spotless when he comes home. he's never yelled at me, hit me, or acted like he's wanted to... 

we share chores and responsibilities when it comes to the house and kids.. granted, i do most since i'm home all of the time, but when he's here he helps out and does his part. we're not rich, but we aren't dirt poor, either. 

i'm not sure if i ever really was physically attracted to him, honestly... 

Sooo....that's my question/confession.... Are looks/physical attraction the most important thing(s), or are there a lot of other contributing factors that make you stay with your dh/so for the long haul?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh god no. I have chemistry with DH of 22 years, but I think he's probably the least good looking of my boyfriends. 

hplesha
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Nope, although i think he's cute, but i know others probably don't. And that I'm fine with. Its not about the looks, it's about personality and interests we share. If it works, its good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

It started out as purely phsyical. But that's not the only reason I married him.

Josie.Grossie
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM
The sexual chemistry between dh abd I along with him meeting my criteria was why I married him.

I actually used to be the hot one and he was average looking but he gets hotter every year and now gets checked out all the frakin time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
His personality won me over long before his looks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Quick question... Do you love your husband?
I was attracted to my husband, but I feel in love with his big heart, his honesty and the respect he showes everyone he meets. I also love how confident he is, and try to be more like him in uncomfortable situations. I would love him even if I didn't think he was attractive.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I am very much physically attracted to my husband, but I married him because he is a good man and takes care of me emotionally. Also because I knew he would be a good father.

Michellina11234
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

no, I am sure others don't see my So as I do. Maybe it is just because I find him amazing that I see him as hot!! Looks fade .... real love and kindness hopefully does not.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM
No. I married him because he was stable, willing to raise my son as his own, treated me like a queen and is a really incredible person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM

There are definately a LOT of contributing factors.  But, I did luck out.  DH provides for his family, has a lot of interests, is an exciting and loving person, AND he's hot!  We have a lot of chemistry, and while we do get on different pages sometimes, we can work it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)