Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm fat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

So I decided to join a gym and I have a question. When I looked it up online and it said something about having a starting date to go up there. I am not sure how long it was after you sign up) but do a lot of places do this? Is it the same way if you sign up at the location? I was going to run some errands tomorrow and was going to go sign up while i was out but was curious if I have to wait a certain time before I can start working out there.. I've never been to a gym before so I just wanted to ask you ladies if it's normal to have to wait after you join to be able to start there. Thanks! ;)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sanajn
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM
You should be able to start the same day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM

most allow you to start right away.  I would give them a call to clarify.  Good job for taking the first step to a healthier you but remember you have to go to the gym and not just waste the money.  You may feel more comfortable working out at home to start because some gyms are more like meat markets and you may feel uncomfortable being there.  They have those seated bicycle pedal things 9I forget what they are called) that you can do while watching TV and are a lot cheaper than getting like a treadmill.  Also they have exercise videos you can do on YouTube!  To help speed the process as well, try lowering your carbohydrate intake or switching out to healthier versions.

Good luck!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)