Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dog has seperation anxiety... EDIT

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 42 Replies

One of my dogs has separation anxiety so my (hopefully) solution??
See answer in reply :)

So, it looks like I should explain. My almost 7 year old German Spitz, Cujo has seperation anxiety. He must be with me all the time or he panics and has seizures (with vomiting). He (and his sister) gets a 30 minute walk in the morning, they get several walks during the day (I bring them to work with me and walk them throughout the day), and an evening walk with the whole family. On days, I don't bring them with me, my husband is home working and he does the same regimen. Anyways Cujo has training exercises we do everyday and he gets love from everyone (he's great with everybody). He has medication that has helped a little but he still panics whenever he can't be with me but knows I am around. After every test we can possibly run, he was diagnosed with idiopathic psychosomatic disorder. Basically, he has seizures for absolutely no health reason other than stress due to his seperation anxiety. This food is in addition to his medication and I will giving Rescue Remedy as well and I hope as a whole it will help him. Hope this cleared some things up:)

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitchiesgirl
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

His new food! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

eh, leave the television on

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Don't they have medication for that for animals as well???

Schleetle
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My dog got it so bad our last move, aghh it was horrible... Although he's a rescue, and was picked up starving by the highway idk if his former family abandoned him. So yeah that was an awful couple months. Thank goodness with this move we just completed he handled it well. I guess he realized we weren't going to just leave him, even though he is a stinky beast. Lol Anyway good luck with the new food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Don't make a fuss over them when you get back. Ignore until they relax. Same when you leave.
areyouatroll
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Exercise, discipline, affection.

Be the pack leader.

No need for calm food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Our dog did too. We sent him to doggy school.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Quoting Sassy762:

Yes maam. My dog is on it for anxiety issues. I had a pit bull with some SAD and it was rough before we found the right combo of food, time away, and medicine. We lost a couch.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

He chewed up your couch............

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Sassy762:

Yes maam. My dog is on it for anxiety issues. I had a pit bull with some SAD and it was rough before we found the right combo of food, time away, and medicine. We lost a couch.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Quoting areyouatroll:

Exercise, discipline, affection.

Be the pack leader.

No need for calm food

*sigh* if only that always worked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)