Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At what age is it okay to let

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies
Your kids or kid play outside alone...i was drving home and notice the little neighbor kid playing alone, she is about 6? This has happen more the Once, sometimes other kids and her old brother will be out there. I wouldn't be okay with an older brother or sister about the age or 10 maybe 11 watching my younger childern because what if something happen and he wasnt able to stop it because of his age, then he would feel bad for whatever happen to the younger child the rest of his or her life. So i have dd who 2 , lol she is in no way in hell going outside alone! What age do you think it okay for kids to be alone outside or go into a store alone.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Mine has since 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Oh man. Low teens perhaps. My dd is 8 and I wouldn't dare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Mine goes outside all the time alone she is six, but she goes in the fenced backyard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Mine has since 3.

You let your 3 yr old play outside alone???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I understand fence back yard lol, but this little girl was in the front ridin her bike in the rode?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Mine goes outside all the time alone she is six, but she goes in the fenced backyard.

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM

My sons 8 and he plays outside with friends. We live in an amazing area so, I'm not too worried

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this
It depends on the area you live in and whether they are in a fenced yard or allowed to roam free. It would also depend on the maturity of the child.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Mine has since 3.

You let your 3 yr old play outside alone???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM

MIne are 13 and almost 7.  I let them go out alone,  but I am always watching.  I don't just let them go and then do my own thing.  We have a playground across the street so i usually sit in front of the window watching.  We live in a pretty close knit neighborhood and all the neighbors kind of watch out for each others kids.

ETA:  My daughter (7) knows  she is not allowed to cross the street without asking and she is only allowed to go to the corner one way (we are 2nd house form corner) and to the big tree the other way (other side of other neighbors driveway) so that i can always see her.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere. My kids play outside alone, they are 8 and 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)