Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know what to do :(((

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
My oldest started kindergarten on Tuesday and she's painfully shy... when I drop her off every afternoon she cries when I try to leave and won't go play with the other kids... I feel so sad for her but I don't know how to help her. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Aw.

She will adjust and before you know it she'll love school. Just keep encouraging her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Give her some time to get used to it. She'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenea2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Thats so unfortunate. Is this her first time ever being around other kids??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkieRed
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Give it time. It's new and scary for her. She'll be fine soon, and before you know it, she'll be excited about going to school to be with the other kids.

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM

She'll be just fine.  Just give her a few days to adjust.  If you're super concerned, email her teacher - I'm sure she'll be more than happy to keep a special eye out for your DD until she's comfortable.  :)

ScarlettLetter
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Comfort encourage redirect. She's just anxious leaving mommy. She'll get the hang of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:48 PM

It's unfortunate that she hasn't learned to socialize with others, but she'll learn and adjust.  She'll be fine, just give it time.

o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:48 PM
She was in daycare a year ago and I get her together with my friends kids but she's mostly been around her sisters.

Quoting jenea2:

Thats so unfortunate. Is this her first time ever being around other kids??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:48 PM
She'll adjust and start making friends soon enough. Just keep reminding her at home how much fun school is and how nice all the other kids are and that you love her and want to know all about her friends. :)

That's what I told my DD about her preschool and she started making friends within a few days after that. She wanted to tell me all about those kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Could you maybe see if you could arrange a play date with any of the kids, help your dd make some friends on a one on one basis. Group settings can be very intimidating to some. If she had some time with some of them outside of the classroom it might make it easier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)