Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

workaholic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Who here has a partner whos a workaholic.

Do people really have that much trouble seeing the difference between hardworking and workaholics?

Its very different and a workaholic can be just as hard on a family as any other addiction.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

how many spin offs do we really need?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM

another?  .....................   eh.  

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM

my dad was a workaholic growing up. 

it was hard on my mom come evenings, but I don't think she minds now that she has a million dollar beach house on the bay to spend her summers in..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Didnt realise there was a topic already going. I just popped on here and its something I am dealing with personally. Guess its a theme tonight?

Quoting anyotherday:

how many spin offs do we really need?

mama2gg
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM
My dh works a lot we own the company and I'm on bed rest for now so he is doing everything

He is gone when I get up and home after I'm asleep

He does what needs to be done to keep our bills up,family happy and company running alone

I respect him for being such a hard worker and great provider

Not seeing him for awhile isn't doing to stop my marriage

If it became a issue we are married and tall and would find a middle ground because that's what adults in a marriage do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I get that it can be hard if your partner is working all the time. But seriously to divorce over it? 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

My husband has always been a workaholic.  It used to bother me a lot, but after 23 years, I'm good with it.  I've never had a problem when the kids were young, just packing up and taking them on a road trip or something like that.  Waiting for him would bother me.  Basically, he's a big boy, and he can choose whether or not to come along with us.

And now the kids are older (late teens/adults) so I can go do whatever I feel like doing.  And he and I take "long weekends" without the kids - and I've given up being upset that he's still checking mail on his phone and things like that.

Oh, and he just got a big promotion (works for a very large multi-national company).  So now the bonuses will be equal to a years pay, instead of 2 months pay.  Plus profit sharing (and this company makes a LOT of money).  He grew up poor in a very dysfuctional family, and the money is important to him.  No big deal to me.  I'm a big girl, and can handle things on my own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)