Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

6 Terrifying Spiders That Will Haunt Your Dreams--spider pics :o)

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM
  • 50 Replies
4 moms liked this

#6. Scorpion-Tailed Spider

RealMonstrosities.com

The scorpion-tailed spider is so named for the weird, elongated abdomen of the female, which may not sting like a scorpion, but can wiggle and curl around to presumably confuse its predators. You don't have to do the whole routine, honey, we were already confused enough.

#5. Ravine Trapdoor Spider

Looking like its body was sliced off and tattooed with some kind of satanic gateway, Cyclocosmia truncata actually uses its manhole-cover backside like, well, a manhole cover, sealing off its burrow from potential predators.

You know we're dealing with one hardcore fucker when its instinctive response to an attack is to present its ass.

#4. Blind Cave Huntsman

Sinopoda scurion was discovered only this year, and is considered the first known example of a "huntsman" spider completely losing its eyes. It doesn't need eyes to hunt in the perpetual darkness of its subterranean world, but we're not entirely convinced it doesn't at least want eyes.

What's to stop them from coming after ours?

#3. Tree Stump Spider

What "tree stump spider"? Is it behind the stick? Is it inside the stick? Is it behind the camera, photographing sticks? We don't under-

Oh. Oh no. How is this even a thing? This isn't a spider. It's a wang with a whole spider for testicles. Kill it dead. Now.

#2. Horned Spider

So it's a spider that wears a Satan mask? Seems about right to us. And it also comes in a variety of terrifying shapes ...

... and colors, you say?

Fantastic. Now if you could please see to it that we don't wake up next to one ever, that would be great. It's bad enough that we'll have them in our nightmares for time eternal.

#1. Ladybug Mimic Spider

Oh, hey there, adorable little ladybug. It sure is nice seeing you after this nonstop parade of terror. Let's get a look at your pretty face.

Damn you, Mother Nature. Damn you.

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kzuehlk
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Northcuttswifey
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I had to show my husband hes terrified of spiders. He said hes going to have nightmares. My bad lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I hate hate spiders but some of these are very interesting looking.
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this

What, no giant Australian orb-weaver eating the bird pic? This post needs a giant Australian orb-weaver eating the bird pic:

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

barf.

spiders are gross, but i cant pass the chance to look at them. lol. i got this article from cracked.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

What, no giant Australian orb-weaver eating the bird pic? This post needs a giant Australian orb-weaver eating the bird pic:

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Number one is pretty.
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I hate you! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dark_xiii_angel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
WOW!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muthrof_2
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Where are these from around the world?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
This post made me itchy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)