Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to beat them ADDED PICS ON PG 6&7

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
so yesterday I was painting my bedroom and my husband got home and I didn't put the lids to the paint on right away because I had to get a towel to put over the can and then use a hammer. Dh said he will do that and I said okay. well I wake up this.morning to my kids having the paint all over my carpet all over their room there TV in my bathroom. I am so f****** livid I want to take both of them in beat them with a belt because they know better. but obviously I won't. do any of you have a good idea for punishment I have a 6 year old in a 3 year old.
my husband just left for work an hour ago they got into all this crap within an hour.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM
they're cleaning the bathroom right now

Quoting mylovey:

I would have them help clean it up. 

mylovey
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mylovey:

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM
7 moms liked this

Whatever, a 6 yr. knows better than to get into a can of paint and get it everywhere. Don't blame the kid, hmm that is why there are so many undiciplined brats running around. They need to take responsibility for their actions. If they were mine they would be cleaning it up, and be grounded from their favortie things for a day or two. 

Then I would chew my husband out for not doing what he said he would do. 

For the record a 6 yr. old is old enough to be on their own in the morning, a 3 yr. old maybe not so much. But still, they should not have gotten into the paint. Regardless of if she was sleeping, if she were making lunch, or vacuuming they may have gotten into it then. We can't watch them 100% of the time all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, no wonder they acted like heathens...YOU LET THEM!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

they don't do anything chores to be honest with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make them do more chores. Make ur 6yr old write sentences. Idk good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM
trust me I told them numerous times yesterday. they should listen they normally do. so yes I put all the blame on them. and did you miss the part where it says that I obviously won't beat them??

Quoting mommy_me:

Im far from perfect but thank you for the compliment.

I just dont see how you could say ''I want to beat them'' over something that is entirely your and your husbands fault. Yes children should know better even after being told once not to do it. But what child listens after the first time of being told?

Anyway, good luck on the clean up :)

Quoting Anonymous:

um I can be pissed because they should know better. I explain to them yesterday when I was painting that they don't touch because it can't come off. it doesn't matter if the lid was open or not they know better. I'm mad at my husband as well but they know better my 6 year old knows better. so yeah I am pretty sure I'm okay to be pissed. I forget your Miss Perfect

Quoting mommy_me:

I dont see how you can be so pissed at them when clearly you were the adult that should have closed the cans to begin with

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg, first paint fumes, now cleaning supplies. Parent of the year goes to???? Eyeroll. I'm done here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mylovey:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Take their fav toys away for few hrs but I'd be pissed at dh because he didn't do what he said he was going to do so he is the one responsible for it . Kids are kids . ( I'm not saying I'd excuse their behaviors if they did something worst ! )
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM
oh they are having no fun for a couple days!! it's Sunday so I don't think any stores are open that sell that stuff.

Quoting Mehganh:

I would ground them for awhile. With no anything. No tv. No fun. No nothing.

And krud kutter (sp?) is AMAZING for removing paint! My so is a painter and you can dilute it with water an spray it on anything. It wipes right

Off. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Let's just agree to disagree, hmm?

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

Whatever, a 6 yr. knows better than to get into a can of paint and get it everywhere. Don't blame the kid, hmm that is why there are so many undiciplined brats running around. They need to take responsibility for their actions. If they were mine they would be cleaning it up, and be grounded from their favortie things for a day or two. 

Then I would chew my husband out for not doing what he said he would do. 

For the record a 6 yr. old is old enough to be on their own in the morning, a 3 yr. old maybe not so much. But still, they should not have gotten into the paint. Regardless of if she was sleeping, if she were making lunch, or vacuuming they may have gotten into it then. We can't watch them 100% of the time all the time.

stormcloud
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM
10 moms liked this

Also, WAKE THE F*CK UP when your kids get up.

Quoting Anonymous:

beat your dh instead for not doing what he said he would....you can't blame the kids

ragingdarkwaters...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)