Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old WERE your kids when they started school?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 58 Replies
My dd is 3 and she is my only one. A few girls had kids at the same time as I did. A few the same month and a few after. It seems like they are all going to school. I'm not sending dd. I now feel like she will be behind next year when she does start. She is very smart. She is very social. I just wasn't ready for her to go to school. Should I have her in something? To keep her up with the other kids? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I didnt really think many people sent there 3 year olds to school.

Some of you ladies sure are rude ass bitches. I'm sorry for the autocorrect my iPod did and that I over looked it. The horror. Hang me know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM
My oldest son started at 3 due to Special Needs. But I will put my youngest in preschool at 3 also, because I likd the program they have here.

Honestly do what you feel is best for you kid. If you think she will benefit in going now, put her in. if not wait another year or 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I have 5 in school so far, and they all started at 5. As will the two little ones when they're ready.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

DS started school 3x a week at 2, at 3 he went 5x full day, at 4 the same, and he starts K this year.  but he is ASD.

my DD started school 2x a week at 2, at 3 she is going 3x a week 3 hours a day.  next year at 4 she will go 5x 1/2 days.

at least by me, everyone i know started school at 2

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM
DS- 4
DD- 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dee06
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM

My oldest went to school when he was 5 he went into kindergarten. My youger 2 boys started when they were 3, they both had speech delays and went into the public preschool for speech therapy

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM
my oldest just started kindergarten, her first year in school. she'll be 6 next month. im hoping to send my 3yr old to pre-k next year, my oldest didnt go to pre-k.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM
It's were. He was almost 3 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM
My son turned 4 two months before he started prek
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Ds was 3 I learned my lesson this time dd is almost 6
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN