Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you a pharmacy tech??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Can you tell me how much you make either per hr or yr?

What do you like most about your job?

What do you like least about your job??

Are you certified or have an A. S. ?

Where did you go to school for pharmacy tech?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Replies (11-13):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:38 AM

I'm a technician.

I make $15.65 an hour in California.

I love helping people!! Some of the patients are just so amazing

Insurance companies are the worst part of the job. And drug addicts who want their control meds early.

I am PTCB nationally certified, California state licensed, and I have my A.S. degree

I went to school at SJVC (San Joaquin Valley College, a for profit junior college)

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Walgreens will only pay for the test if you already work in the pharmacy as a cashier. (I worked there for over 4 years)

Walgreens used to be a GREAT company to work for but has gone down hill lately. I still know many people who work there and they all hate it. Hours are cut back, all the perks are gone, and the insurance is terrible now. It's almost impossible to get into one these days cause the people who still have their jobs are fighting like crazy for hours.

Quoting Angelina052105:

I am looking into taking the 50 pharmacy tech program..but I just learned that Walgreens will let you work there and then pay for your school and test fee.  I don't know if i'd make the most amount of money..but our family is hurting bad right now..soo..i need a job fast..and I haven't gotten any call backs..:(  I hope to God that things will work out for you..and I...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
You must live near me. I live in Bakersfield and have considered sjvc. Did you like the school??

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a technician.

I make $15.65 an hour in California.

I love helping people!! Some of the patients are just so amazing

Insurance companies are the worst part of the job. And drug addicts who want their control meds early.

I am PTCB nationally certified, California state licensed, and I have my A.S. degree

I went to school at SJVC (San Joaquin Valley College, a for profit junior college)

Hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)