Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses believe...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 647 Replies
9 moms liked this

Did you know that although people think that Jehovah's Witnesses are these pushy preachy people, that they believe AND PREACH that people who aren't Jehovah's Witness and who do not know "the truth" will have the chance to learn about and decide to accept or reject God for 100 years after Armageddon.

I think it's great that they have faith that God is not this cold hearted being who enjoys watching people make bad choices and burn in hell. They also don't believe hell is a place filled with fire, they believe that it's just death without an after life.

Much better then some people who think that you're automatically doomed if you don't believe in God. He is not stupid. He knows that this world we live in is filled with fallacies and deciete. He knows good people are going to be skeptical.

P.S. I am completely agnostic and open in my views in all aspects.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't preach what you don't know. They call God Jehovah because the Bible says that is his name and it's respectful to call someone by their name rather then God all the time. Just like the President, you call him President Obama, not just president.

They absolutely want their children to go to college. I have close personal experience with this. It is a good thing to further your education.

They do think it's best to stick with other Witnesses and they do think the world is ending... I do think that is bazaar... but the rest is something that other people would benefit from realizing.

Quoting squeekers:

They don't follow God, They call him Jehovah. Yes, they do believe the end is coming, so they don't like their children going on to college. They do not want their children to hang out with "worldly" people, they just stay with those of the same religion.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM
5 moms liked this

The Mormon church has a similar  belief. This is why baptisms for the dead are considered a very important part of church doctrine,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
18 moms liked this

Ya, and only 144 thousand people will ever go to heaven.  

You know.  Considering how many people are on the planet, and those that have come before me, the odds of being one of those is SO SLIM!!

I don't have even a small desire to be good enough to compete on that level.

Thanks anyway.  Pass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
16 moms liked this

Cult.

LectioDivina
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM
5 moms liked this

So do 90% of the other ones, it's kind of a theme in most mass religions... my way or the highway....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

YUP....... This..... I already know I don't have a chance so I gave up trying to be good a long time ago. I don't break the law and I don't harm other people but that wont get me in heaven.......

Quoting Anonymous:

You know.  Considering how many people are on the planet, and those that have come before me, the odds of being one of those is SO SLIM!!

Thanks anyway.  Pass.

CjEmmemommy
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM
8 moms liked this
We all have our judgement day at the foot of our savior. I am regular old Christian and believe that.
Not sure what religions don't
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM

The 144,000 are mentioned in Revelations and they believe that those people will rule as a single worldly government with Jesus after the end times happen. They're supposed to be people that Jesus chooses, his disciples etc. They believe that the world will become a paradise and that is where everyone will live, they don't think that only 144,000 will make the cut or whatever

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks anyway.  Pass.

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Thanks for sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes, 144,000 will go to Heaven and act as the government of the rest of us who will live here on Earth (which was made for us). Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe the goal is Heaven. God made the Earth for us. Why would we all of a sudden go to Heaven when the Bible states many times that the Earth is our home?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks anyway.  Pass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)