Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses believe...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did you know that although people think that Jehovah's Witnesses are these pushy preachy people, that they believe AND PREACH that people who aren't Jehovah's Witness and who do not know "the truth" will have the chance to learn about and decide to accept or reject God for 100 years after Armageddon.

I think it's great that they have faith that God is not this cold hearted being who enjoys watching people make bad choices and burn in hell. They also don't believe hell is a place filled with fire, they believe that it's just death without an after life.

Much better then some people who think that you're automatically doomed if you don't believe in God. He is not stupid. He knows that this world we live in is filled with fallacies and deciete. He knows good people are going to be skeptical.

P.S. I am completely agnostic and open in my views in all aspects.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

If they open my gate with the Beware of Dog sign on it,  Then I don't think that a No Trespassing sign is going to stop them.  They even look in my front window if I don't answer the door.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a "No Tresspassing" sign?

I think it's annoying too, but they are only trying to do what the Bible tells them. I've also never had an experience where one was being pushy like the stories I hear on here though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care what they believe, I just wish they would stop knocking on my door.

Cara5
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM
5 moms liked this

The only contact with Jehovah Witnesses that I have had are the 4 or 5 folks who have come to my door over the years.  They are always pleasant, never pushy, and never rude or condescending.  I always take the papers they are offering, have polite conversation and we part on a "thanks but no thanks" invitation to church.  When its hot I offer a drink of water, I even made one older lady a cup of tea on a very cold afternoon.  She came into my house, I introduced her to both of my partners, and we had a half hour discussion about her views on faith and she asked me a few questions.  She was never unkind, but you could tell she was uncomfortable with us a little. She finished her tea, gave me a stack of papers, and asked if it was okay if she came back some day.  I told her that would be fine, and to have a nice day. 

I don't think there is an ounce of truth to what she believes, but just because I have a different belief system than she does should not have any effect on my willingness to have a pleasant conversation and make a cup of tea for a cold older lady.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Beware and Do Not are different things.

Quoting Anonymous:

If they open my gate with the Beware of Dog sign on it,  Then I don't think that a No Trespassing sign is going to stop them.  They even look in my front window if I don't answer the door.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a "No Tresspassing" sign?

I think it's annoying too, but they are only trying to do what the Bible tells them. I've also never had an experience where one was being pushy like the stories I hear on here though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care what they believe, I just wish they would stop knocking on my door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great! :)

Quoting Cara5:

The only contact with Jehovah Witnesses that I have had are the 4 or 5 folks who have come to my door over the years.  They are always pleasant, never pushy, and never rude or condescending.  I always take the papers they are offering, have polite conversation and we part on a "thanks but no thanks" invitation to church.  When its hot I offer a drink of water, I even made one older lady a cup of tea on a very cold afternoon.  She came into my house, I introduced her to both of my partners, and we had a half hour discussion about her views on faith and she asked me a few questions.  She was never unkind, but you could tell she was uncomfortable with us a little. She finished her tea, gave me a stack of papers, and asked if it was okay if she came back some day.  I told her that would be fine, and to have a nice day. 

I don't think there is an ounce of truth to what she believes, but just because I have a different belief system than she does should not have any effect on my willingness to have a pleasant conversation and make a cup of tea for a cold older lady.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Great.....  And being run by a bunch of religious freaks who don't believe in holidays is better than our current government how?

Quoting Anonymous:

As I said before to the other poster. They do only believe those get into Heaven, but they are part of the government. The rest of us will live here on Earth like the Bible says.

Quoting Anonymous:

YUP....... This..... I already know I don't have a chance so I gave up trying to be good a long time ago. I don't break the law and I don't harm other people but that wont get me in heaven.......

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya, and only 144 thousand people will ever go to heaven.  

You know.  Considering how many people are on the planet, and those that have come before me, the odds of being one of those is SO SLIM!!

I don't have even a small desire to be good enough to compete on that level.

Thanks anyway.  Pass.

beeonit
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
To be that's like saying "if pigs start flying...." I REALLY don't see it ever happening, so IF it did I have no idea how I'd handle it. I don't want to burn in "hell", so I guess id accept it? It be a massive foot in mouth haha. However, I was roman catholic and as far as I know, I've committed and unforgivable sin by denying him.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you die and God is real and he knows you're a good person who just didn't believe (which is totally understandable) and gives you the chance to learn and accept him, do you think you will or will you reject him?

Quoting beeonit:

I don't believe in "God" so I have no opinion. It's nice that people believe in something that comforts them and brings them peace of mind.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Well obviously IF what they believe is true then it's going to be what God wants, not what you want and you could accept that or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.....  And being run by a bunch of religious freaks who don't believe in holidays is better than our current government how?

Quoting Anonymous:

As I said before to the other poster. They do only believe those get into Heaven, but they are part of the government. The rest of us will live here on Earth like the Bible says.

Quoting Anonymous:

YUP....... This..... I already know I don't have a chance so I gave up trying to be good a long time ago. I don't break the law and I don't harm other people but that wont get me in heaven.......

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya, and only 144 thousand people will ever go to heaven.  

You know.  Considering how many people are on the planet, and those that have come before me, the odds of being one of those is SO SLIM!!

I don't have even a small desire to be good enough to compete on that level.

Thanks anyway.  Pass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I know it's far out there for you. I understand it. Thanks for answering though.

Quoting beeonit:

To be that's like saying "if pigs start flying...." I REALLY don't see it ever happening, so IF it did I have no idea how I'd handle it. I don't want to burn in "hell", so I guess id accept it? It be a massive foot in mouth haha. However, I was roman catholic and as far as I know, I've committed and unforgivable sin by denying him.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you die and God is real and he knows you're a good person who just didn't believe (which is totally understandable) and gives you the chance to learn and accept him, do you think you will or will you reject him?

Quoting beeonit:

I don't believe in "God" so I have no opinion. It's nice that people believe in something that comforts them and brings them peace of mind.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, I knew that...

I also know that their views on the world today and their extreme beliefs cause rifts in families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM
4 moms liked this
They believe that God isnt cold hearted but they are all a bunch of cold hearted, judgemental hypocrites. I had 30 years growing up and breaking away from that faith...I should know :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)