Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses believe...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did you know that although people think that Jehovah's Witnesses are these pushy preachy people, that they believe AND PREACH that people who aren't Jehovah's Witness and who do not know "the truth" will have the chance to learn about and decide to accept or reject God for 100 years after Armageddon.

I think it's great that they have faith that God is not this cold hearted being who enjoys watching people make bad choices and burn in hell. They also don't believe hell is a place filled with fire, they believe that it's just death without an after life.

Much better then some people who think that you're automatically doomed if you don't believe in God. He is not stupid. He knows that this world we live in is filled with fallacies and deciete. He knows good people are going to be skeptical.

P.S. I am completely agnostic and open in my views in all aspects.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
mrs.jessefuller
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM
All I know is they knock on my door for 30 mins even if I'm in the shower and end up waking my kids from their nap....making me a not so happy momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM
4 moms liked this

I am so happy to see this post! I have to say when I used to study as one before I left I thought that God was cold hearted and cruel. But when you learn the truth about Him and how loving and amazing He is, you realize He truly is love. :-) I am glad I went back. It is wonderful and when you get to see the truth about it you really get to see how amazing He is. :-) I love you posted this. <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm glad. :) I don't believe in everything they believe, but I also don't believe in everything ANY religion believes. I don't think it's fair that people get a bad reputation because they annoy other people. Apparently Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones actually doing the job set forth in the Bible by trying to tell people about it.

Quoting hyper_bunny:

I am so happy to see this post! I have to say when I used to study as one before I left I thought that God was cold hearted and cruel. But when you learn the truth about Him and how loving and amazing He is, you realize He truly is love. :-) I am glad I went back. It is wonderful and when you get to see the truth about it you really get to see how amazing He is. :-) I love you posted this. <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I might be more interested and open to this belief system if they would learn to not knock on my door at 8am on a Saturday morning and learn the meaning of "I'm not interested."
Grumpylilpixy
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pentecostal/Baptist. I am not even going to debate this.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I have absolutely no interest in this cult  ...any mother who lets her child die because they need a blood transfusion and they won't do it will rott in hell anyways. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
You don't know a whole lot about christianity if you think this. Other denominations are doing the work of God in far less annoying ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad. :) I don't believe in everything they believe, but I also don't believe in everything ANY religion believes. I don't think it's fair that people get a bad reputation because they annoy other people. Apparently Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones actually doing the job set forth in the Bible by trying to tell people about it.

Quoting hyper_bunny:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Obviously one of the major conflicts we face right now is one government not agreeing with another and wars breaking out. They believe that 144,000 people chosen by Jesus (not a group of JW's) will rule as one government over the entire world. Obviously if everyone had just 1 set of laws to follow it would end quite a few of the issues we have now. The 144,000 are whoever Jesus chooses, his disciples and others. They believe that the earth will be turned into a paradise where everyone will live, not that only a few will make the cut or whatever. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.....  And being run by a bunch of religious freaks who don't believe in holidays is better than our current government how?

crescentstar2
by Anne on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Bump for later reading
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM

They believe blood is sacred. Not to mention there are other ways to add blood without using other people's actual blood. It is not as effective, but it does work.

Who are you to judge someone else for following the Bible for what they truly see it?

Quoting Jinxed8:

I have absolutely no interest in this cult  ...any mother who lets her child die because they need a blood transfusion and they won't do it will rott in hell anyways. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)