Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses believe...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did you know that although people think that Jehovah's Witnesses are these pushy preachy people, that they believe AND PREACH that people who aren't Jehovah's Witness and who do not know "the truth" will have the chance to learn about and decide to accept or reject God for 100 years after Armageddon.

I think it's great that they have faith that God is not this cold hearted being who enjoys watching people make bad choices and burn in hell. They also don't believe hell is a place filled with fire, they believe that it's just death without an after life.

Much better then some people who think that you're automatically doomed if you don't believe in God. He is not stupid. He knows that this world we live in is filled with fallacies and deciete. He knows good people are going to be skeptical.

P.S. I am completely agnostic and open in my views in all aspects.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this

The way my Dad explained this the one hundred year learning thing only applied to people who didn't have the opportunity to learn the truth.  For example, children who died young, people in under developed countries who don't have the benefit of different religious options etc.  It doesn't apply to people who have the chance to learn but choose to not believe anyways, like the people in our country.  That is way they go out and knock on peoples doors, its your chance to learn the truth and if you decide not to listen or not to believe anyway then you missed your learning chance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

That was not how it was explained to me at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

The way my Dad explained this the one hundred year learning thing only applied to people who didn't have the opportunity to learn the truth.  For example, children who died young, people in under developed countries who don't have the benefit of different religious options etc.  It doesn't apply to people who have the chance to learn but choose to not believe anyways, like the people in our country.  That is way they go out and knock on peoples doors, its your chance to learn the truth and if you decide not to listen or not to believe anyway then you missed your learning chance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting hyper_bunny:

I am so happy to see this post! I have to say when I used to study as one before I left I thought that God was cold hearted and cruel. But when you learn the truth about Him and how loving and amazing He is, you realize He truly is love. :-) I am glad I went back. It is wonderful and when you get to see the truth about it you really get to see how amazing He is. :-) I love you posted this. <3

marihla
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

They also believe that there is no chance for everyone to get into heaven. Only 144,000 will make it. That's like... one whole city.

I don't really care, I'm atheist/agnostic.

Armadillo79
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Sorry, but how do you get a blood transfusion without using other people's actual blood?? Explain this to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

They believe blood is sacred. Not to mention there are other ways to add blood without using other people's actual blood. It is not as effective, but it does work.

Who are you to judge someone else for following the Bible for what they truly see it?

Quoting Jinxed8:

I have absolutely no interest in this cult  ...any mother who lets her child die because they need a blood transfusion and they won't do it will rott in hell anyways. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

They can use hemoglobin which is in blood. Whole blood is what is sacred. I believe there are other alternatives but I cannot tell you what they are because I donate blood and would accept it if I needed to.

Quoting Armadillo79:

Sorry, but how do you get a blood transfusion without using other people's actual blood?? Explain this to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

They believe blood is sacred. Not to mention there are other ways to add blood without using other people's actual blood. It is not as effective, but it does work.

Who are you to judge someone else for following the Bible for what they truly see it?

Quoting Jinxed8:

I have absolutely no interest in this cult  ...any mother who lets her child die because they need a blood transfusion and they won't do it will rott in hell anyways. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I see you believe without shame "Anonymous"  I am no Doctor but as far as I know there is no other way to add blood unless it's donor blood in an emergency blood transfusion requirement.  Point is, no religion will ever force me to let my daughter die when there is a life saving solution at my finger tips and yes I will look down on any mother who lets her child die on purpose ... sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I think it's crazy too. Doesn't mean that it isn't right. Esp. since this life is not our full life and dying now wouldn't really mean anything long term in God's eyes.

Quoting Jinxed8:

I see you believe without shame "Anonymous"  I am no Doctor but as far as I know there is no other way to add blood unless it's donor blood in an emergency blood transfusion requirement.  Point is, no religion will ever force me to let my daughter die when there is a life saving solution at my finger tips and yes I will look down on any mother who lets her child die on purpose ... sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jinxed8:

hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, the medical community have embraced the idea of bloodless medicine because it is actually better for the body, for surgeries and many other medical procedures. They have alot of conventions around the world for cardiologists and other health proffessionals, Jehovahs Wittnesses set up a booth that has information about bloodless medicine and every single time the booth is packed with doctors and others trying to get the videos and information. A hospital in my area has actually gone bloodless and has many workshops on why it is a much better and safer alternative. It seems that the whole idea of "no blood" is not just for Jehovahs Wittnesses anymore. I have met more and mroe people who have chosen not to take blood who aren't, including nurses and Doctors. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I believe and i'm sorry that the Jehovah witness religion is a crock of shit....

yes, again i'm sorry but I am that judgmental.

there is limitations on everything and that is NOT what the Bible is about. people of that faith ostrasize them self from society for ridiculous things. they are very cult like. we have family members who can not speak to other family members because of disfellowships... ( mother and son at that) my necies and nephews can't play sports, they can't celebrate any holiday our there birthdays!!!

who does that?! how do u bit tell your child happy birthday?!

maybe I don't understand enough, but from what I do know.... I be sure to stay far away from that religion
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN