Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses believe...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Did you know that although people think that Jehovah's Witnesses are these pushy preachy people, that they believe AND PREACH that people who aren't Jehovah's Witness and who do not know "the truth" will have the chance to learn about and decide to accept or reject God for 100 years after Armageddon.

I think it's great that they have faith that God is not this cold hearted being who enjoys watching people make bad choices and burn in hell. They also don't believe hell is a place filled with fire, they believe that it's just death without an after life.

Much better then some people who think that you're automatically doomed if you don't believe in God. He is not stupid. He knows that this world we live in is filled with fallacies and deciete. He knows good people are going to be skeptical.

P.S. I am completely agnostic and open in my views in all aspects.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (641-647):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Rev 5: 9 And they sing a new song,+ saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood+ you bought+ persons for God+ out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom+ and priests+ to our God,+ and they are to rule as kings*+ over* the earth.”

Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Rev 7: 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed,* a hundred and forty-four thousand,+ sealed out of every tribe+ of the sons of Israel:+

5 Out of the tribe of Judah+ twelve thousand sealed;

out of the tribe of Reu′ben+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Gad*+ twelve thousand;

6 out of the tribe of Ash′er+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Naph′ta·li+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Ma·nas′seh+ twelve thousand;

7 out of the tribe of Sim′e·on*+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Le′vi+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Is′sa·char+ twelve thousand;

8 out of the tribe of Zeb′u·lun+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Joseph+ twelve thousand;

out of the tribe of Benjamin+ twelve thousand sealed.+

9 After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd,+ which no man was able to number, out of all nations*+ and tribes and peoples+ and tongues,+ standing before the throne+ and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes;+ and there were palm branches+ in their hands. 10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation* [we owe] to our God,+ who is seated on the throne,+ and to the Lamb.”+

chilzz
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM

They believe that only for those who never knew the name of God or Jesus for all those that know of Jehovah but still reject this religion they are to be put in their version of hell which consists of everyone they love forgetting them including the creator as they put it. Also if you are a Jehovah's wittiness's and decide to leave the church you are completely shut out and not allowed to speak with anyone inside the religion including family. Women are inferior, you have to go on group dates until you are married even if you are in your thirties. And they are pacifists to the point where they become enablers. You are not allowed to vote, go to war , protest and in most cases even give aide because world disasters are brought on by Satan and it is God's will for this to pass during the end times. It is also a sin that they stress is deplorable to god if you act on homosexual feelings and is considered worse that being with out faith. There is more but suffice to say that although they are friendly not all of their doctrine is and their god certainly is not just pick  up a Bible. Oh yes it is also discouraged to attend university unless it is one of there's where you end up writing for their magazines.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 86 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM
rTeach and urge these things. 3 If anyone steaches a different doctrine and does not agree with tthe sound2 words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching uthat accords with godliness, 4 vhe is puffed up with conceit and wunderstands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for xcontroversy and for yquarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction among people zwho are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, aimagining that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But bgodliness cwith contentment is great gain, 7 for dwe brought nothing into the world, and3 we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But eif we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9 But fthose who desire to be rich fall into temptation, ginto a snare, into man
Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

misinformed

Quoting Anonymous:

Cult.

RosaRosa
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Please do not expect me to welcome two or three complete strangers unannounced on a Saturday morning.  Especially when you want to prosletyze your beliefs in my home, but not let me share mine with you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN