Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is my problem!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Haven't talked to my child's father in months, thought I was finally over him. One hour long conversation with him and my mind is in a million different places. We talked like it was old times, in between important things that needed to be dicussed. What the hell is wrong with me?!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmyfantasyworld
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a woman... it happens...if he is no good, remember it... which i bet he is..if he hasnt talked to you in months. 

jkampbyll
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

your remembering when the times were good.Its hard to get over someone and definitely takes more time than a few months. i don't think anything is wrong what your going threw is only natural.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Does he go for months without talking to your child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkampbyll
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM

good point.

Quoting Cmyfantasyworld:

You are a woman... it happens...if he is no good, remember it... which i bet he is..if he hasnt talked to you in months. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Yes. We had a very close friendship for a long time, prior.

Quoting rgba:

rgba
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Any man who can go months without seeing his child is not worth your time or love. Someday he is really going to hurt your child by doing that.

Remind yourself of that, and let him go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

You are a glutton for punishment

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Believe me I know. I made it clear that I am filingnfor full, sole custody. He's had plenty of time to get his act together and be a part of our child's life. I've opened every door I can for him. I won't allow him to play games with our child. He said he knows, understands, and expects it.

Quoting rgba:

Any man who can go months without seeing his child is not worth your time or love. Someday he is really going to hurt your child by doing that.

Remind yourself of that, and let him go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rgba:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Never said I would go back to him, but the emotions are still there. In the years we've been friends it's only been the last few that have been bad.

Quoting mommy_me:

You are a glutton for punishment

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

nothing is wrong with you.

just dont let it get to you. you havent talked in months- that means that for months, he hasnt cared about the baby or the pregnancy/how the baby is doing.

i was/am the same way... BD never contacted me through the pregnancy; but i tried to call him. told him the docs were scared he wouldnt make it... it didnt matter. he didnt contact us for 3 year AFTER his birth-- 3 yrs went by and it felt like old times... i almost fell for it.. til he disappeared again. 3 years after that (ds is 6), he's trying to come back... again- it feels just like old times.

but you know what? i'm not interested in the old times. the old times was when i didnt have repsonsibility, didnt have a child. time to get in the NOW- the current situation. keep any/all communication strictly on the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)