Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

people like me are poor and on PA because...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Apparently, people like me are poor and on PA because i dont make sacrifices.

That is what this little old woman said to me while i was grocery shopping. 

i wanted to go off on her. but i didnt. 

because see, she doesnt realise that i am a single mother, because boys are broken these days aparently, and dont turn into men and they run away at the mention of 'pregnant' 

she doesnt realise that i am working full time, and sometimes over time, at mc donalds, for min wage, while i go to school so that i can get out of mc donalds. 

she doesnt realise that the only reason me and my daughter have a place to live, is because i have been blessed with a wonderful friend, whos grandfather owns (no mortgage)  a house that he was renting out, but was gracious enough to let me and my daughter stay in it, for no more than the taxes he owes on it each year. thats 100$ a month. 1200 a year for taxes. 

she doesnt realise that sometimes, when i am too proud to ask friends or family to help, i shower with hot water alone, so that i can afford to buy my daughter shampoo and lotion and powder and the other things that SHE needs. 

she doesnt realise that it is my BIRTHDAY in 2 days, and i am not having a party. im not going out. im not getting myself something special. because i know i cant afford it. 

she doesnt realize that it has been YEARS since i have gotten new shoes. new clothing, or new ANYTHING. nor have i gotten a hair cut. 

so yeah. 

i am poor and on food stamps and medicaid, because i dont make sacrifices. 

fuck you bitch. 

why are YOU poor and on food stamps? (facetious question) 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
mamaraylene
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM

You keep on doing what you are doing. I am a full-time student with two kids and one on the way (I'm almost 39 weeks and I'm still doing school right now). My husband works so that I'm blessed enough to be able to go to school to not only do what I love, but to improve our situation. We struggle, but we know something better is around the corner and we are doing all we can to make it better. Don't let other people's crappy judgement ruin what you are trying to do. God Bless You and your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I wouldn't know. I have no idea what those cards look like. I would assume it was a credit card or bank card.

Quoting Anonymous:

On a side note, most states have emplemented an EBT card. They look like a bank card but the designs are far from it. In Oregon, the card is blue with "Oregon Trail" on the front. If anyone payed attention while you were swiping the card, they can see that you are on PA

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:51 AM
You weren't smart enough to not have sex and get pregnant. So you work at Mc Donalds and get welfare while going to college which I don't agree with. Yeah not feeling you.
keisha613
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Most people are poor because of poor life choices.  Some aren't.  But rich people make poor choices too, they just were able to slip away from the consequences.  I'm not on pa but I'm not as rich as I would be without 5 kids and having my 1st way too young.  However, I'd like to think I'm rich in other ways.

xomrs.chase
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I'm not

That said, PA is made for people like you- people who actually need it and are planning to better themselves and get off it.

My gram raised 5 alone. She's such a strong woman. Worked 3 jobs and raised 5 kids after divorcing her abusive husband. She bought (and paid off) a house alone. If she can do it, any single mom can do it. You go girl!! Be an inspiration to your LO! Show her that a woman CAN do it alone :)

What are you going to school for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hmmm...in your post you state why a probably ficticious lady thinks you are on welfare, and then you ask others why they are poor and on welfare, yet you don't really state why YOU are on welfare.  You just go on about not going out on your birthday, and not getting new shoes.  (like because of this you are somehow entitled to free money from others)

Let's hear it.  Why are you on welfare? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM
We have medicad because my husbands insurance through work is over $200 a week and we can't afford that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM
You are poor and on PA bc you made the shitty choice in partner and to have a child with no education and a min wage job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I wouldn't fee like a free-loader. I would feel very gracious. I never really dealt with those feelings because I didn't mind the sacrfices made. I couldn't afford to eat. I will never forget that time of my life. I lost 60lbs in about 4 months, the company  I worked for bought Christmas presents for me and my daughter because I couldn't afford it. My father bought her diapers for the first year of her ,life. It would rough but you gotta keep positive, even though I know at times it is hard.  I think you should look into couseling to deal with the resentment. Good luck, mama, it will get better. 

Quoting Anonymous:

no not really. 

i dont spit in the face of a blessing...

but it does make me feel like a free loader. and i hate that. 

Quoting Supervane:

I'm not on food stamps.

It's cool that you got such a low rent though

cklamour
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Ignore the ignorance. YOU know what your doing and that your trying to elevate yourself. I'm proud of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)