Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you KNEW, would it change your mind?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you knew, beyond any reasonable doubt, that God was real. If He appeared to you, in the flesh, said who He was, and you touched Him, talked to Him, heard Him answer your questions about existance, creation, etc. If there was no denying that He was real. If He was as real as your child standing in your living room right now...would it change your mind about Him?

Because knowing He's real vs. believing that He's there to save you, and trusting in HIM for your life decisions... that's totally different. Just because you know for a fact that He's there, doesn't mean you're going to put your trust in Him to take care of you.

Assuming the Bible is truth (humor me if you disagree, here. Just go into this scenario), it says that when God comes back again, EVERY EYE shall see Him. Everyone on earth will know that He's 100% real.

But it also says that not everyone on earth will believe in Him.

I feel like if I saw a celestial being appear in the sky and tell me He's God, and He created the earth, and everything in it, I would have a hard time NOT believing in Him. But apparently, seeing isn't always believing.

You could apply the same thought train to any religion really. If Buddha showed up, and you knew without a doubt that he was Buddha, and his teachings were real, and he truly did find inner peace through the paths laid out in his writings....would you believe in him? Would you label yourself Buddhist after that? If someone could somehow prove to you that their faith was THE faith and it was completely 100% true and not fantastical in any way... would you put your faith in it too?

I just feel like ppl are always looking for proof... but i don't think proof would always change their minds. I think they'd find another reason to doubt. Maybe because they don't KNOW God well enough to trust him, or maybe because they convince themselves it was a dream, or something else. I think if someone proved to me that the Hindi faith was 100% logical, reasonable and all of the ideas in it were 100% true, I still would have a hard time believing in it. Even with all that "proof". So I guess my point is, "proof" isn't the answer. It isn't the key to your belief... there has to be more than just proof. So what else?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Replies (71-71):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Thank you! I will watch it after I get some sleep! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if I can find it and post it here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

It's called "why I love God but hate religion". He says basically everything I feel!!!!

Quoting armywife009:

No, I haven't. What's the name? I'd like to watch it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too. I believe in God, but I do NOT believe in Christianity. Its sins are faaaaarrr to many to count. have you seen the youtube video on that? It really changed my perspective.

Quoting armywife009:

I don't know, honestly. I do and don't believe right now. I have been struggling with my spirituality for a couple of years now. I just don't think I can be a Christian. I was brought up Christian (very strictly) and it was awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN