Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She walked out of class!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think my daughter spend a day in Saturday school from 820am to 320pm?

Options:

Yes

No

Not Sure

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 188

View Results

Ok DD12 started her monthly in March didn't have another til June. She didn't have one in July and had it in August. She has tried to always prepared for it to come wearing thin liners and now that school is back so carries a pads in her purse.

So I just got a called they are saying DD will stand Saturday school and will be tried by her peers for a drug offense. I told them I want a meeting with the principle because I think its BULL SHIT. They have her doing the rest of her day in the Saturday room. 

DD called me telling me all that happen. She said she got into her 3rd class of the day. She sat down felt a sharp pain then a gush. She raised her hand asked to use the restroom teacher said no. She walked to up to her teacher and told her what is up. The teacher said sit down, so DD walked out. She went used the restroom and she found she started her monthly. She returned to the class room and the teacher kicked her out. Telling her to go to the principle. They searched her purse and back pack DD had a bottle of midol in her bag. She forget that it was in there it was in a pocket she doesn't use often. She is in middle school.

The school has rules against any kind of medications on campus.

I'm on driving restriction so I'm waiting for a family member to come get me to raise some hell. 

Do you think my daughter spend a day in Saturday school from 820am to 320pm? 

UPDATE!!!!

Were home. They searched her bag because she left the classroom with out permission. Its in the hand book they have the right to search. 

She will be standing after school detention for the Midol instead of Peer Trial. As I and her explained it was an accident. What pisses me off is they wouldn't give me the bottle back they said it had to be handled like other drugs. Which is proper disposable. I had to buy her a new bottle and told her she can't have it at school and if need once I'm clear to drive in a few days I'll come up to give her one at lunch. Nurse isn't on site at all times so its not feasible to have the nurse hold it.

As for the walking out they will be speaking to the teacher. DD said she had no signs of the onset of her period coming til she walked into the class and sat down. They explained to her next time some thing like this happens to sit back down and keep asking an if the teacher keeps on saying no then she can walk out take care of business then walk to the office.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Replies (121-130):
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Christ, they don't let teens carry Midol to school anymore??? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Can you explain why she should take her backpack if she needs to walk out? She'll be returning after speaking the office.

Quoting Anonymous:

if she ever needs to walk out again, tell her to take her backpack with her.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT SHE SWITCHED BACKPACKS DIDN'T CLEAN IT OUT GOOD ENOUGH, I GUESS. I am for no drugs in school but its fucken Midol and the nurse isn't on site at all times. We would give it to the nurses office but do you get cramps on a certain time frame?

Quoting onethentwins:

As BS as it is, we voted on a zero tolerance for drugs in school and it passed.  You and your daughter must know by now that is the case. 

As for not being allowed out of the room to use the restroom, that's ridiculous. She shouldn't have had ask over and over again to go. 

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

So you and your daughter are unaware that the zero drugs policy includes aspirin, asthma meds, or any  over the counter meds? It's been many years since that rule was in. I'm not saying it makes sense, just that it's been the law for a long time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT SHE SWITCHED BACKPACKS DIDN'T CLEAN IT OUT GOOD ENOUGH, I GUESS. I am for no drugs in school but its fucken Midol and the nurse isn't on site at all times. We would give it to the nurses office but do you get cramps on a certain time frame?

Quoting onethentwins:

As BS as it is, we voted on a zero tolerance for drugs in school and it passed.  You and your daughter must know by now that is the case. 

As for not being allowed out of the room to use the restroom, that's ridiculous. She shouldn't have had ask over and over again to go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I am shaking my head on the lack of reading skills on this site. 

Quoting onethentwins:

So you and your daughter are unaware that the zero drugs policy includes aspirin, asthma meds, or any  over the counter meds? It's been many years since that rule was in. I'm not saying it makes sense, just that it's been the law for a long time. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onethentwins:

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Likewise!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am shaking my head on the lack of reading skills on this site. 

Quoting onethentwins:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting onethentwins:

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I feel for her. Growing up I had such bad menstrual cycles I would literally pass out from the cramps and even in 10th grade ran out of my English class, ran down the hall and threw up on the outside door going into the girls room all from the pain. I understand the rules but month cycles can be horrendous especially the first several years. I won't even go into the heaviness of the cycle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM

she broke the schools rules and should be punished as such,  end of story

LuLuThatsWho
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM

What would they have her do?  Bleed all over the classroom?  I don't blame her for walking out.  I would have.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
#1 I'm glad I have a boy
#2 I'm glad I homeschool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured