Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it harder to clean a BIG house/ Apartment or a smaller one?

I say a smaller place(unless that place has so little stuff). There is a lot of moving things around just to sweep. Instead of one big space to sweep and mop(or in my case wet jet because of hardwood) there is a lot of moving everything just to get it clean. This is one example.

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
TraceyMR
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I agree. My smaller home is more of a PITA to clean due to overcrowding.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM

The bigger it is the more it sucks. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Im glad your seeking help. Please don't back down. It will do you a world of good.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

For real? I swear I have become really worried about you. Have you ever been mentally evaluated?

LOL seriously over this

It's one thing on my mind and I am getting slighly annoyed by these comments. Make a few posts about ppd and depression and then I everything is under a microscope.

Yes, I am going to be seing a shrink but seriously, this post is just a conversation. I had a friend tell me recently that she cleans houses and how it's so much harder to do the smaller ones, in her experience. I was curious how many would agree with her statement.

champagne_rose

Quoting Anonymous:

Some days, I just want to cry for you. You must be so lonely :-(

I don't even know what to say. I am sitting her not sure if there is sarcasm or you are serious.

This post was made based on a conversation I've had with a friend because she cleans houses. Other than the issues like ppd that I've made known, I am doing fine otherwise.

brittani
Smaller. No storage place. Keeping my tiny house clean is unreal. I hate it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zildjans_mom
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Generally is say smaller, but in my case bigger, only because there is both hardwood and carpet on both levels, and its a pain in the ass to haul everything up and down the staircase
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM
It was serious. Seeing your post habits and the way you write and things you post make me sad for you. How often do you get out with friends?

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some days, I just want to cry for you. You must be so lonely :-(

I don't even know what to say. I am sitting her not sure if there is sarcasm or you are serious.

This post was made based on a conversation I've had with a friend because she cleans houses. Other than the issues like ppd that I've made known, I am doing fine otherwise.

Luna091306
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

In a bigger place there is more area to clean but I still believe it is harder to keep a small cramped area clean. Not enough storage and the littlest mess appears larger.

champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quoting blessed107:

I would think a smaller place would. I like for everything to have it's own place. If it were to be smaller it's more crammed and harder to place things or organize.

It is crammed and harder to orgnanize. I lived in bigger places and so much easier-at least for me.

MSmama_x3
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM
We rent a 3/2 duplex and have a "galley" style kitchen and all it takes is one piece of something on the stove or counter and it looks a mess!

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Canvas_says:

I would agree and say a smaller place is harder to clean and keep clean. In a larger place something like some dishes on the counter won't look quite so bad as it would in a small home making it appear "dirty" or cluttered. A large home has a lot of hiding places. 

EXACTLY. For us our kitchen is small and so is our sink-so even a few dishes(rinsed) in the sink make it look trashy imo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN