Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it harder to clean a BIG house/ Apartment or a smaller one?

I say a smaller place(unless that place has so little stuff). There is a lot of moving things around just to sweep. Instead of one big space to sweep and mop(or in my case wet jet because of hardwood) there is a lot of moving everything just to get it clean. This is one example.

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I think it really depends on how organized a person is to how hard their place is to clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I don't make enough effort to hang. I know part of it is being not super social  and another the cleaning.

This post though was seriously part of conversation with a friend who cleans houses. I was curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was serious. Seeing your post habits and the way you write and things you post make me sad for you. How often do you get out with friends?

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some days, I just want to cry for you. You must be so lonely :-(

I don't even know what to say. I am sitting her not sure if there is sarcasm or you are serious.

This post was made based on a conversation I've had with a friend because she cleans houses. Other than the issues like ppd that I've made known, I am doing fine otherwise.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
We went from a 1,300 sq ft condo (3br 2bth plus loft) with most stuff in the garage and it would take about 2hrs to clean the whole place top to bottom. We are now in a 3,700sq ft house (4br 3bth and an office) and I clean a room or two everyday because it's just to much to do at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Well, yes I think so. I won't back down. The kiddos need me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im glad your seeking help. Please don't back down. It will do you a world of good.

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

For real? I swear I have become really worried about you. Have you ever been mentally evaluated?

LOL seriously over this

It's one thing on my mind and I am getting slighly annoyed by these comments. Make a few posts about ppd and depression and then I everything is under a microscope.

Yes, I am going to be seing a shrink but seriously, this post is just a conversation. I had a friend tell me recently that she cleans houses and how it's so much harder to do the smaller ones, in her experience. I was curious how many would agree with her statement.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
We went from renting a room in a 3 br 1bath 1200sq ft house to a 5 br 3 bath 3000 sq ft home. The bigger one is def much harder to keep clean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Quoting -Ruby-:

Idk. We live in a 550sqft apartment at the moment. Doesn't take more than 5 mins a day to clean.

We have very little "stuff" though. We live out of a suitcase basically. Few toys, 2 weeks clothes each, we just buy used or really cheap stuff any time we move, then donate it when we move again.

Moving to 3600 sqft tomorrow. NOT looking forward to cleaning it. I'll be working so I'll probably hire someone, in all honesty. It takes too much time away from my family.

CONGRATS on the move. It will be fine:)

That is a lot to clean and I don't blame you for getting help.

Luna091306
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I am really not sure how to take your post but I would just like to say you must be on here quite a bit too if witness all her posting habits.

I really hope you are being sincere and NOT bullying a woman with PPD because that would just make you a flat out bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was serious. Seeing your post habits and the way you write and things you post make me sad for you. How often do you get out with friends?

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know what to say. I am sitting her not sure if there is sarcasm or you are serious.

This post was made based on a conversation I've had with a friend because she cleans houses. Other than the issues like ppd that I've made known, I am doing fine otherwise.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Tatiana7:

I love my big house. I find it easier to clean. I do it every day, so it doesn't take me long at all. Keep in mind, I'm an empty nester. So, no tiny tornados running around. :)

I clean daily but it's still a pain with the sweeping especially lol.

Yes, having kids would make it easier. I am sure I would have this place nicer but I am glad they are here lol.

champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Thank you. If it's the same anon who I just had convo with a little while ago but if it's a different one that has some insight then I agree with you. It's really hard to tell one from the other on this site.

I don't like my mental state being questioned though...on posts. I guess I put myself out there but not every post is because I am sad or worked up.

Quoting Luna091306:

I am really not sure how to take your post but I would just like to say you must be on here quite a bit too if witness all her posting habits.

I really hope you are being sincere and NOT bullying a woman with PPD because that would just make you a flat out bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Luna091306
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I'm the same way. I haven't been out once since my son was born in June other than to buy groceries or something.

Quoting champagne_rose:

I don't make enough effort to hang. I know part of it is being not super social  and another the cleaning.

This post though was seriously part of conversation with a friend who cleans houses. I was curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN