Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it harder to clean a BIG house/ Apartment or a smaller one?

I say a smaller place(unless that place has so little stuff). There is a lot of moving things around just to sweep. Instead of one big space to sweep and mop(or in my case wet jet because of hardwood) there is a lot of moving everything just to get it clean. This is one example.

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
Simple-Beauty
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Our home is 3230sqft, 4 levels, and a pain in the ass to clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Oh please. Back off. I wasn't talking about her just being on this site. Ive already explained myself to OP. I know she has PPD goes hand in hand with the types of things she posts. Getting away from her computer and being in the real world will help her. Yes, I am on here a good bit, but I'm also not posting things that are desperate cries for attention. I am genuinely concerned for her mental well being.

Quoting Luna091306:

I am really not sure how to take your post but I would just like to say you must be on here quite a bit too if witness all her posting habits.

I really hope you are being sincere and NOT bullying a woman with PPD because that would just make you a flat out bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was serious. Seeing your post habits and the way you write and things you post make me sad for you. How often do you get out with friends?

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some days, I just want to cry for you. You must be so lonely :-(

I don't even know what to say. I am sitting her not sure if there is sarcasm or you are serious.

This post was made based on a conversation I've had with a friend because she cleans houses. Other than the issues like ppd that I've made known, I am doing fine otherwise.

champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Last summer I was out more but since the birth of my dd it is less. I had trouble getting out while pregnant and espcially when my son would stay awake in his room so late and was a really bad night owl to begin with(4 am chatter wow). He would need to get up around 4 pm and then by the time I was up it was time to clean, get dinner etc. That really cut into any social life I had.

Quoting Luna091306:

I'm the same way. I haven't been out once since my son was born in June other than to buy groceries or something.

Quoting champagne_rose:

I don't make enough effort to hang. I know part of it is being not super social  and another the cleaning.

This post though was seriously part of conversation with a friend who cleans houses. I was curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was serious. Seeing your post habits and the way you write and things you post make me sad for you. How often do you get out with friends?

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know what to say. I am sitting her not sure if there is sarcasm or you are serious.

This post was made based on a conversation I've had with a friend because she cleans houses. Other than the issues like ppd that I've made known, I am doing fine otherwise.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Smaller.
Gets cluttered faster and you don't have as much room for all your things.
We have lived in smaller apartments before. It sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah427
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Storage and clutter have everything to do with "easy" vs "hard"...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM

This post doesn't cry for attn. I was just asking what you all thought because of a convo I have had with a friend who cleans houses. No, I am not going to find the friend, get her picture to prove it and have her make a statement lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please. Back off. I wasn't talking about her just being on this site. Ive already explained myself to OP. I know she has PPD goes hand in hand with the types of things she posts. Getting away from her computer and being in the real world will help her. Yes, I am on here a good bit, but I'm also not posting things that are desperate cries for attention. I am genuinely concerned for her mental well being.

Quoting Luna091306:

I am really not sure how to take your post but I would just like to say you must be on here quite a bit too if witness all her posting habits.

I really hope you are being sincere and NOT bullying a woman with PPD because that would just make you a flat out bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM

As someone who cleans houses for a living, a smaller space is harder to clean, there is nowhere for dust and dirt to go and it piles up.   A lot of my customers get upset when they find out the charges are based on how big the job is not the house size

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
A bigger place is harder to clean but a smaller place is harder to keep clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lordgodempress:

As someone who cleans houses for a living, a smaller space is harder to clean, there is nowhere for dust and dirt to go and it piles up.   A lot of my customers get upset when they find out the charges are based on how big the job is not the house size

That is what my friend said who cleans. She says it's much harder and things pile up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Oh my word.
Never mind.

Quoting champagne_rose:

This post doesn't cry for attn. I was just asking what you all thought because of a convo I have had with a friend who cleans houses. No, I am not going to find the friend, get her picture to prove it and have her make a statement lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Luna091306:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)