Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the f*%#?!? **QUESTION**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I know y'all aren't drs - gettin they out there now.

I have a friend that's having some weird symptoms she's been to the sr once (last week) and they took blood for testing but she hasn't heard anything back. We're both assuming that they didn't find anything alarming since they haven't contacted her yet. She also intends to call them tomorrow and see if she can make another appointment or get any information. I'm going to list symptoms if any of you have experienced these can you let me know what the outcome was? I'll then show my friend this post. Thanks in advance.

Symptoms:

*Originally started as what seemed to be spasms in her upper chest / rib cage. They seemed to be random.

*movement or spasms have now moved to her abdomin / lower and sides still random. (she has one movement which felt like a kick and it was with force and made her feel dizzy)

*nauseaus

*back pain

*discharge (vaginal)

*pressure in her pelvis

*and most recently her breasts have been tender and are more firm. There is also a clear liquid coming out of her nipples.

All of thes symptoms woul lead you to believe she's pregnant right? Well she has an iud (mirena - yes we know it's still possible) she's had it for about 3 years now with no trouble.

She did take a pregnancy test and it was negative. Her stomach doesn't feel harder than normal as it usually Does with pregnancy. She is a smaller girl so I'd imagine this would be easy to tell.
She did say if her son sits too low on her belly that it hurts.

She has has 2 pregnancies and had two healthy babies (5&2)
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

One side effect of the marina is all the symptoms of pregnancy without actually being pregnant.  So, I'm guessing thats what it is.  Especially if its a new one.  I know for the first year on it I took about 20 tests all saying negative because I wasn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Not to alarm you but all the symptoms you are talking about a family member had and it turned out to be a sarcoma growing in her abdomen reaked all sorts of havoc. Hopefully the doctor follows up and it's just something hormonal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Shes had it for just about 3 years (her youngest will be 3 in oct) and never had so much as a pregnancy scare

Quoting .betty.white.:

One side effect of the marina is all the symptoms of pregnancy without actually being pregnant.  So, I'm guessing thats what it is.  Especially if its a new one.  I know for the first year on it I took about 20 tests all saying negative because I wasn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Thanks for the info. Either way she's calling the dr so hopefully she will be able to figure out what's going on. She's just worried and frankly I am too

Quoting Anonymous:

Not to alarm you but all the symptoms you are talking about a family member had and it turned out to be a sarcoma growing in her abdomen reaked all sorts of havoc. Hopefully the doctor follows up and it's just something hormonal. 

TheMaskedMommy
by Drama Llama on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Ectopic maybe? 

*nil carborundum illegitimi*

meparty
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

If its new, this is side effects.

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The thing is after the first year I learned it was all psychological and stopped taking tests.  Maybe she hasn't had the symptoms yet?  Thats all I can think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shes had it for just about 3 years (her youngest will be 3 in oct) and never had so much as a pregnancy scare

Quoting .betty.white.:

You know you want it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Thanks ladies
funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:51 AM

My friend had most of those same symptoms and it was a problem with her thyroid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)