Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you consider yourself intelligent?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so, what are the things you are dumb about?

For me:

History is not my thing.  There are sociological/cultural aspects of history that interest me, but I cannot for the life of me recite facts, dates, etc... 

Sports...umm, no.

Fashion/decor...that part of my brain did not develop.  Actually, I am incapable of anything that involves that type of creative thinking.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I'm pretty good at math, spelling, and I can write some kick ass essays!

There are alot of things that I very dumb about. I've even gotten in arguments on here and some women have put me to shame. Then I think to myself "Shannon, you are STUPID!!"

LOL :)

ltmana
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I have dyscalculia. Math is a foreign language to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Only when I don't answer the phone.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Stephen Hawking calls me up when he doesn't understand something.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Im book smart, though mathematics is not my strong point. IM also street smart to an extent...fuck it. Im a freaking genius. Sheldon Cooper has nothing on me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Yes. I'm great with ELA. I suck at math. I am great with history.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I consider myself average. I hate sports and math but I love history and the arts. I am pretty knowledgeable with music and drama though. However I am horrid at drawing/painting. I don't even make a good stick figure :/ But this post made me think of this :

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM
No. It's weird because if I read a book that I actually want to read, I breeze through it. If I was trying to go to school and read something I'm not interested in it becomes very difficult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever been tested for ADD?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I'm very dumb. I have a very hard time comprehending things. For example if I read something, I may need to re-read it. I get distracted very easily. I'm a very hands on person and learn quickly that way.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Yes I think I'm pretty intelligent, not genius but much higher than average. Math is my weakest point, I took precalc in hs and alg2 in college but sucked at both and barely got a C in college lol my biggest strengths are english/writing and biology as well as my under grad and grad degrees dealing with special needs. Oh I suck at chemistry too :p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I think I'm intelligent but I have no clue when it comes to serious politics (I kind of have an idea what they're talking about more than the average person, but that's about it). 

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I am intelligent when it comes tooooooo... Uh... Well there's... No... Ummm... Nothing unless music counts!
Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I have ADD and I'm like that too.  Do you skip doing things that are generally easy, just because you don't feel like doing it?

Quoting Anonymous:

No. It's weird because if I read a book that I actually want to read, I breeze through it. If I was trying to go to school and read something I'm not interested in it becomes very difficult.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever been tested for ADD?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I'm very dumb. I have a very hard time comprehending things. For example if I read something, I may need to re-read it. I get distracted very easily. I'm a very hands on person and learn quickly that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN