Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spinoff: Stupid reasons to visit the ER

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 302 Replies
What is the dumbest reason you've ever heard that sent someone to the Emergency Room?

I was in the ER after my greatgrandmother died on the 3rd floor (grandmother started having chest pains), and a college aged kid came in and told admissions he needed to be seen immediately because he had a cold but didn't want to wait around all day.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerabitch69
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I went for chest pains. Turns out it was an anxiety attack. Ugh. I felt so stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM
When we were in the waiting room for DDs dog bite, a couple people walked out of the ER because it was taking too long!
I don't know their reasons, but they must have been stupid for them to just walk out. Couldn't have been too much of an emergency!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel stupid, the symptoms are often the same And if you have never had one before you would have no way if knowing. Better safe than sorry.

Quoting beerabitch69:

I went for chest pains. Turns out it was an anxiety attack. Ugh. I felt so stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Anxiety attacks.
Forgot her purse the first time, so signed a refusal.... Then called us back 5 min later and met us downstairs.
With her purse.

Any cuts that don't require stitches.

Cold/flu

Any type of pain that's ongoing

Drunk

Someone called 9-1-1 because he was "too high". I told him to never call us again.

I could go on and on
beerabitch69
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Thanks. I just thought good grief someone else could have needed my bed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't feel stupid, the symptoms are often the same And if you have never had one before you would have no way if knowing. Better safe than sorry.

Quoting beerabitch69:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto! That really isn't a stupid reason if you didn't know what was going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beerabitch69:

PepperWillow
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM
6 moms liked this

anxiety attacks are not a stupid reason to go in. they can mimic serious medical conditions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anxiety attacks.
Forgot her purse the first time, so signed a refusal.... Then called us back 5 min later and met us downstairs.
With her purse.

Cold/flu

Drunk

Someone called 9-1-1 because he was "too high". I told him to never call us again.

I could go on and on

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Ok

Quoting PepperWillow:

anxiety attacks are not a stupid reason to go in. they can mimic serious medical conditions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anxiety attacks.

With her purse.

Cold/flu

Drunk

I could go on and on

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
A stuffed up nose, and cough...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I was in once with my mom, and a girl came in, swear to god because she broke a nail. That was the only thing wrong with her. You should have heard the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)