Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

suicide, isn't a sin by Catholics anymore. My heart goes out to them. the pain.

Posted by   + Show Post

My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one this way.. I feel that they are so lost that they think they are doing a favor to there loved ones. I feel you can't judge someone until you walked in there shoes. Plus it's a sin to judge..praying

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Agreed.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a sin, you are taking the life god gave you, you are choosing to end your life, that is not gods plan and its disrespectful to him if you commit suicide because you are ending the life he gave you. I can honestly say this and believe because i have tried to kill myself 3 times one time i almost didnt make it. but i still know it truely is a sin, despite what some people believe.

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM
It is a sin to comming sucide as well as to judge so I do neither. I will feel compassion for those who felt so bad they had to take there life but pra they had asked forgiveness for what they were going to do and that god will handle it fairly like he always dose. It isn't man who decides what is sin and what isn't
missi727
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

i don't think she wants you to comit suicide but she could have wored it differently. if you need to talk..about anything just invite me as a friend.. hope all is good group hug

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

All this is why I say Catholicism is a disgrace. I don't think Catholics are because I know how most people stay with this faith out of family tradition or even fear. But I just wish more people would open their minds & eyes - ask more questions! Research where all these 'rules & rituals' came from. 

Quoting missi727:

I have been raised catholic all my life ,the schools, the whole ten yards. i don't clam to know the catholic religion perfectly but i don't understand how they teach you that you confess your sins to one almighty god, he can only forgive you..but yet we have confession...10 hail Marys etc and your forgiven????? and if you don't get your child baptised its a sin....and your child cant go to heaven...doesn't sound like a all forgiving god to me...i don't think god wanted it that way..the bible has so many different interpretations that i think the ten commandments is your best way to go..treat one like you want to be treated......the one thing that burns me up..is annulments..1,000 of dollars to get for a bunch of priest to sit at a table to say a marriage never took place...so i guess those kids i had are bastards then.....just a thought

missi727
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I agree....

AnjalisMommy07
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM
God is all knowing. Suicide isn't selfish. To feel its selfish is actually really selfish. Think about how that person felt at that moment to kill themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree, suicide is extremely selfish! And you can ask God to forgive you and be repentant after suicide so how can it be forgiven?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missi727
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

god died for are sins....he knew he was going to be murdered..he choose to let it happen..he died for us..suicide is a mental illness not a choice

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

i was watching the history channel one time about cults, and there was a christian cult that would try to become martyrs. they would harrass people shouting gods name while they did it hoping to be killed. if they were unsuccessfull after multiple attempts then they would chain themselves together and jump off a cliff. it became such a problem that the church declared it a sin. idk if it is really true or not, but it is def interesting. i feel sorry for everyone envolved with a suicide.

missi727
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I would love to find more out about that.. I just truly feel that it is a disorder..no different than bi-polar and any other illness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually the bible says to comfort the feable mind. People who commit suicide are of feable mind
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)