Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screaming Children....

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
We are out to dinner (me, DH, DS1, DS2 and my parents) at a pretty nice place, BJ's Brewhouse, for a special night. My DS1 is leaving for Basic Training for the Navy tomorrow. We would love to talk about life changing, all the adventure ahead for my son... But nope..... We are listening to a SCREAMING child. This kids scream could shatter glass.

Awesome!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom-mom10
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Do you know why he is crying?

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I hate how parents don't take there kids out of the restaurant and calm them down then bring them back in when they r calm
MrsFlores_2006
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Congrats for your boy! and yes I know the feeling, I really don't blame the child, I blame the parent for ignoring the child and not knowing how to control them! It ruins your whole dinner and end up leaving with a headache!

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Are you in Colorado? I've been working out there and it is the only place I have seen a B.J.'s Brewhouse. Sorry about the screaming kid. It doesn't sound like he is having a good time either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

My son has autism and sometimes when we go out he does an ear shattering squeal because he is so excited. I hate going places because I worry people think that I am a bad Mom and do not know how to control my child, and god forbid he has a meltdown in a resturant. 

DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Thanks. We are in CA.

Quoting motherslove82:

Are you in Colorado? I've been working out there and it is the only place I have seen a B.J.'s Brewhouse. Sorry about the screaming kid. It doesn't sound like he is having a good time either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Because neglecting present company in favor of being glued to Cafe Mom Mobile is so much more sophisticated and appropriate?

DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Nope. I just know mom is sitting at the table telling the BABY (4 or 6 months) to 'shut up, people are staring'

Quoting mom-mom10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-mom10
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DamianaFire:

Nope. I just know mom is sitting at the table telling the BABY (4 or 6 months) to 'shut up, people are staring'

Quoting mom-mom10:

that does suck, but it sounds like less of a case of "screaming child" and more a case of "bad parent"

DamianaFire
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I doubt you'd let your 4 or 6 month old scream and tell them to shut up. I fully expect kids to be nosey. But this is different.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son has autism and sometimes when we go out he does an ear shattering squeal because he is so excited. I hate going places because I worry people think that I am a bad Mom and do not know how to control my child, and god forbid he has a meltdown in a resturant. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)