Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're a mom who let's her girl dress and act slutty..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
3 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do you (or will you when they are older) make sure your girl dresses modestly?

Options:

Yes, can't wear booty shorts, midriff showing, tube tops, etc.)

No, I don't care what she wears.

Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 249

View Results

...Shame on you if you do this. Today we were in the store trying to search for something in one aisle. This 11-12 year old girl and her mom came up behind us. The girl came right up next to us,and we started walking the other way because we were trying to find an item, and when we did, she ran over to the side we were headed and stood an inch away from DH. We were just going to stand there and wait for her to move, but she just kept standing there, then started doing dance/cheer moves while trying to be as close to DH as possible.

Finally they moved to walk off, and went back behind us, so when we proceeded to get to where we were originally trying to go, she came BACK really fast, and bent down right in front of DH. I mean this is a freaking child! Dressed in a spaghetti strap and little slinky booty shirts, trying to make herself noticeable to a grown ass man. I wanted to slap her mother and tell her she should be ashamed, because I'm sure it's her fault. She is conditioning her daughter to dress and act like that, and it's really sad.

It made DH feel really awkward. He was just trying to ignore her, and later said how sad it was how obvious the girl was trying to be. Although I know this is something the girl is purposefully doing, I still blame her parent(s) more, because girls who have parents that actually give a crap about those kinds of things, wouldn't be allowed to do it. It's just really surprising how they just get younger and younger. Now little KIDS are trying to throw themselves in front of men to get attention, and dressing too provocatively for their age. 

Those of you who let your child walk around in public in booty shorts and spaghetti shirts, it does draw attention.Sure, there are noble men out there, but a lot just look at them as another half dressed girl. Think about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Bump

ltmana
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM
13 moms liked this

Prostitots.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

This happened at Walmart   right ? LOL

CatherineNewton
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I think its more the parenting than the clothing that make girls through them selves at grown men. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hahaha! It did! Lol. We haven't been there and months, and I really needed something from there tonight. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

This happened at Walmart   right ? LOL

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I spent some time in Albuquerque last year and that is the way the majority of the girls dress and no one tries to stop them. It's a damn shame to see these girls out there like that, and whats worse was trying to buy clothing for my daughters in the stores in the area and constantly finding the hey look at my crotch outfits instead of nice styles. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh my, unfortunately I was one of these little girls. This post makes me curious if anybody ever thought about me this way? And because of my experiences I'd never let my dd's repeat history.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I agree, but the clothing definitely adds to it. Especially when you are dancing, and bending over.. O.o

Quoting CatherineNewton:

I think its more the parenting than the clothing that make girls through them selves at grown men. 

MommyOfTheBest2
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I picked other because my daughter is only one and still wears rompers :-) However, I have no intention of letting her dress provocatively until she's a legal adult and can buy her own clothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I do let my daughter wear spaghetti straps during the summertime, but not booty shorts, short shirts, or anything else like that. I usually buy her stuff a size larger too because they are making little girl's clothes too short and small. It makes me sick to go out clothes shopping and see stuff like that in a size 5! I mean really, c'mon! Those kids are only 4-6 years old. Why in Gods name do they have to make and sell clothes that look like that for 5 year olds? I just don't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)