Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I HANDLED my sh*t!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

so not long ago I had a post about my BFF yelling at my kids, being somewhat embarrassing in public, etc... to avoid being mean, or making her feel bad, I've held my tongue.

well, SHE sparked up a convo about why all the moms on her block can't stand being around her, etc... I told her it was probably because she yells at their kids, and that most women find that disrespectful when they're standing right there, fully capable of disciplining their own children. she tried to give me b.s. excuses of why she does it, etc, but I called her out on everything. I also told her I don't appreciate it either, whether we are friends or not. She complained how she got dirty looks like crazy at the zoo, I explained why.

she accepted what I said and said she really appreciated it and wished I would have told her sooner. I told her she was very unpleasant in confrontations like that, so I had been avoiding it. so we talked that out too. By the end of the convo we were totally fine - maybe even better than before.

we went to the zoo the following day (we generally save our hanging out until after the kids are in bed) and she was FANTASTIC.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Yay!

Michellina11234
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Glad to hear it

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Good job. Hopefully she continues her fantastic attitude. :)

Nanagasm
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Good :)
bxmom2580
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

Good job. Hopefully she continues her fantastic attitude. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxMocahFrappxx
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Great but I can't believe that she just wasn't aware of how she came off to people.
If she's yelling at My kid(s), I'm concerned about that fact and their feelings, Not hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I would wait it out
Sometimes people only change temporarily, short term so she may go back to her own ways. Or she may be stewing and will boil over within time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM
It's good you talked to her. At least someone did.
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Does she have kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I may one day build up the nerve to tell one of my bff from school what a bitch she's turned into... one day! lol. She doesn't talk smack to me, but she sure does about everyone else... and treats her husband like crap! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN