Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you start putting cereal in your kid(s) bottle? *EDIT FOR THE SLOW MOMS SINCE EVERYONE ESLE IS TRYING TO TELL THEM LOL

I start putting cereal & bananas in my DS milk @ 3 1/2 weeks old. His Doctor suggest that we should if he wasn't getting full and it worked wonders but we only gave him it twice a day. We may do the same with our next if we have another. DS is a year old so another child is out the question for now though

*EDIT: IT'S BABY BANANAS (in a jar lol) 1 TEA SPOON & SAME FOR THE CEREAL (maybe 2 SPOONS FOR THE CEREAL THOUGH :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
mikeyjavimami21
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this
What does "not getting full" mean anyways? I would think that it would time to up the oz of bm or formula rather than add stuff. I never added anything to bottles, was always told solids should be given by spoon only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I never did. My daughter was 9lbs 12oz at birth and didn't need it. I breastfed her whenever she was hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
Never..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
1 mom liked this
Cereal has no value at all. It's never need and just a filler. Your newborn should have never had either on of those things!!!
I never gave cereal or bottles
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
About 6wks to help with his refulx
LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Considering it's a choking hazard, never.

bayliesmommy
She was about 3 months. It was to help her gain weight. She was already sleeping through the night at 5 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
2 moms liked this

ummm never....

I can't believe a Dr would suggest that, unless you son is like 40 years old.....Even when I was a baby they (the drs) knew that starting solids in any form to early increased risk of obesity. Of course they said around 4 months, now its 6  months.

luvmymonkeys27

Never. 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Never. Its unnecessary to ever do it and its empty calories that mean nothing. Child shouldn't be getting full from anything but whats in the bottle or the beast at that age. You don't see BFing mom's shoving stuff in their boobs to weigh down the beast milk to help make a baby more full. *eye roll*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)