Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the father *update :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My foster brother just discovered that the baby his wife just had is not his. He was going through paper work from the hospital and the baby has a different blood type then him and his wife. He is devastated.

**Baby J isn't not my brother's child. He has left to stay with our older brother until he is calm enough to confront the bitch. I'll update again when I have more news.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Replies (151-160):
Nikaniko
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I was told the blood type of both of my kids at the hospital after birth. It was also listed in the shot record/ paperwork.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know hospitals routinely did blood typing on babies after birth?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, maybe you need to do some investigating, mummy1990

Quoting Anonymous:

**chirp** **chirp**

That uncomfortable moment when you figure out that you're either adopted or your dad is not your biological father on an Internet message board.

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

I agree this is not possible

Quoting FitMom2025:

No.  This is biologically impossible.  O blood type carries NO OTHER ALLELE besides O.  Either you have a type incorrect or one of your parents is not yours, bottom line.  Biolgy doesn't lie.

Quoting mummy1990:

My parents are both 0+ and I'm AB-....and I look more like my dad than my mom, so I know hes my dad. Blood type does not determine paternity....lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FitMom2025
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, pretend I'm talking in a very slow voice.  Each parent contributes alleles to each child.  For example, my mother is A+.  A+ can carry O recessively.  My Father is B.  B can carry O recessively.  They each contributesd an allele to me when I was conceieved.  I am O, therefore they contributed the O allele they carried recessively.  if either of them had contributed their A or B allele, I would be A or B type, because those are dominant. 

Quoting Anonymous:

for so many women claiming to 'know their biology' 

you all seem to be over looking the fact that GRANDPARENTS can play a part in blood type as well as the parents.

as said by another poster...its simple biology. 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw something once on a mother who gave birth to a child there was proof every where but when they did a DNA test they found the child wasn't 'hers' well come to find out the mother held 2 different DNA types. Its reaching but possible lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Yes they do. 

Quoting kitty8199:

No they don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

you all seem to be over looking the fact that GRANDPARENTS can play a part in blood type as well as the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Right. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep. Those women are called chimeras. They have two sets of DNA.

Quoting rosemagic01:

I saw something once on a mother who gave birth to a child there was proof every where but when they did a DNA test they found the child wasn't 'hers' well come to find out the mother held 2 different DNA types. Its reaching but possible lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Oh so bloodtype is not part of DNA then? 

well then, why wouldnt you get a DNA test instead of just blood typing to test paternity? 

this whole post reeks of idiocy and ignorance. 

Quoting FitMom2025:

Ok, pretend I'm talking in a very slow voice.  Each parent contributes alleles to each child.  For example, my mother is A+.  A+ can carry O recessively.  My Father is B.  B can carry O recessively.  They each contributesd an allele to me when I was conceieved.  I am O, therefore they contributed the O allele they carried recessively.  if either of them had contributed their A or B allele, I would be A or B type, because those are dominant. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Explain then

Quoting Anonymous:

Right. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw that show. Its called Chimerism. 

Quoting rosemagic01:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)