Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mandatory Vaccines For Adults on Benefits?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: Should vaccinations be mandatory for adults on government benefits, who do not have a history of damaging vaccination reactions?

Options:

YES

NO

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 78

View Results

In order to prevent newborns/children from getting sick or dying from diseases like whooping cough, and other vaccine preventable diseases.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ltmana
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM
It's 100% personal choice. Not even healthcare workers "have" to get immunizations. They can strongly recommend, but can't require.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM
9 moms liked this

where did you come up with this idea. First off, what does being on government assistance have to do with it. Second, you cant require anyone to get vaccines. anyone can get a waiver. third, I wouldnt deny a child food because the parent didnt get a damn vaccine. 

I've never seen so many people willing to allow the government to have so much control until I came to CM!

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Is this your thoughts on it?, or is someone somewhere trying to mandate it? 

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM
No. It should be left up to each person and each family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Sadly I wish this was true. If someone can provide laws for California proving this I would be excited. I am in nursing school and fighting hard to avoid vaccines. So far my titers have been enough and I have a latex allergy and that has gotten me out of the flu shot. Not sure what happens next :(

Quoting ltmana:

It's 100% personal choice. Not even healthcare workers "have" to get immunizations. They can strongly recommend, but can't require.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM
This

Quoting superm0m877:

where did you come up with this idea. First off, what does being on government assistance have to do with it. Second, you cant require anyone to get vaccines. anyone can get a waiver. third, I wouldnt deny a child food because the parent didnt get a damn vaccine. 

I've never seen so many people willing to allow the government to have so much control until I came to CM!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

that makes no sense-spend more tax payer money on vaccines????  If you get sick, you stay away from babies-the end!!!

ltmana
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM
You can sign a waiver. I worked in a nursing home for years & that's what they did there. Of course they would try to talk you into having the vaccine though.
Maybe law varies by state though.

Quoting bellawomen:

Sadly I wish this was true. If someone can provide laws for California proving this I would be excited. I am in nursing school and fighting hard to avoid vaccines. So far my titers have been enough and I have a latex allergy and that has gotten me out of the flu shot. Not sure what happens next :(

Quoting ltmana:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Vaccinations do not prevent a disease, for one. Secondly, just because someone is "protected" does not mean they can't pass on an illness to a newborn or young child. So the entire argument is completely invalid.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
It's a personal choice. If they did that they would have to make everyone one do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)