Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm 26 and I have a weird confession....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have false teeth.  I had pylorus (sp?) of the gums.  Basically, no matter what I did, my gums stayed infected, which caused my teeth to rot out. I got false teeth when I was 24 right after the birth of my second child.  It was the best decision I ever made.  Ask me anything :)

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (281-290):
momma4vr
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

ive already had 7 teeth pulled at 1 time.. im waiting on the fronts... the worst is going to be my wisdom... i know ill be bad there

ill probably have to take a week off for those

Quoting Anonymous:

That sounda bout right.  About 2 weeks for me as far as pain and extreme soreness. 

Quoting momma4vr:

i know they say it takes 1 week for every decade ur alive.. so i would be almost 3 weeks... i can live with that.. i want them i dont want pain anymore and i want a pretty smile

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine were 400, but that was 2 years afo.  They feel great now, feels likey they have always been there.  At first they felt bulky, but now they dont

Quoting Anonymous:

how much were they? how do they feel? i am getting falsies soo too :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You pretty much know what's in store as far as having them takin out.  

I had my wisdoms taken out when I was around 15.  The most horrible thing for me with that, was I feel asleep after I got home, and when I woke up, all that blood had settled in my stomach.  So....(TMI)  I puked my guts up.

Quoting momma4vr:

ive already had 7 teeth pulled at 1 time.. im waiting on the fronts... the worst is going to be my wisdom... i know ill be bad there

ill probably have to take a week off for those

Quoting Anonymous:

That sounda bout right.  About 2 weeks for me as far as pain and extreme soreness. 

Quoting momma4vr:

i know they say it takes 1 week for every decade ur alive.. so i would be almost 3 weeks... i can live with that.. i want them i dont want pain anymore and i want a pretty smile

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine were 400, but that was 2 years afo.  They feel great now, feels likey they have always been there.  At first they felt bulky, but now they dont

Quoting Anonymous:

how much were they? how do they feel? i am getting falsies soo too :(

JCCope
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I was sick of the pain too and not being able to eat most things and all the money I was spending. I opted for just the oral sedation because it was about $1500 cheaper lol with the Valium and laughing gas I slept through most of the procedure. Recovery time was a couple weeks and the first couple of days were hell but it healed a lot quicker than I expected. I took the pain meds as well as IBU and it worked awesome. I lived on pudding, yogurt, jello, soup etc. Etc for the couple of weeks and progressively harder and more chewy foods. Also drank lots of boost and slim fast to get all the vitamin's and minerals I was missing out on lol. All in all I built it up waaaaay more than necessary, the surgery, recovery, pain was all a lot better to deal with than I imagined it would be. I've had my top plate for about a year and a half and it really is one of THE BEST things I've ever done :)
funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Good to know it's still possible to eat corn!  Are there any foods that you have problems with?  Do you still see a dentist regularly?  Did you get a temporary set of teeth while your mouth was healing?  I'm worried about the pain, I saw in the replies that you said it was painful for about 2 weeks.  Were you on prescription pain meds?  I'm asking because I react badly to pain meds, I'm not allergic but they make me very sick. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It wasn't real hard, I was used to my teeth before my gums even healed.  

It hurt quite a bit the day I had them pulled, but honey, knowing you'll never have another tooth ache makes it all worth while!!!  

I can still eat corn on the cob :)

Quoting funny_girl3:

Were they hard to get used to?  I will eventually have to get them, it's a long story but to make it short when I was a child I had a dentist who gave me a bunch of white fillings.  Apparently he did a crummy job because I've been having problems with decay under the fillings, some of my teeth have broken, now I have to get two of my teeth surgically removed.  I've been wondering how it feels to have false teeth.  My teeth are super sensitive and hurt all the time anyway so I really don't think it can be much worse than it is now.  I love fresh corn on the cob but I would give it up not to be in pain all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That's about how it went with me, except I was asleep, and minus the shakes, I never thought of that one lol!  

Quoting JCCope:

I was sick of the pain too and not being able to eat most things and all the money I was spending. I opted for just the oral sedation because it was about $1500 cheaper lol with the Valium and laughing gas I slept through most of the procedure. Recovery time was a couple weeks and the first couple of days were hell but it healed a lot quicker than I expected. I took the pain meds as well as IBU and it worked awesome. I lived on pudding, yogurt, jello, soup etc. Etc for the couple of weeks and progressively harder and more chewy foods. Also drank lots of boost and slim fast to get all the vitamin's and minerals I was missing out on lol. All in all I built it up waaaaay more than necessary, the surgery, recovery, pain was all a lot better to deal with than I imagined it would be. I've had my top plate for about a year and a half and it really is one of THE BEST things I've ever done :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:26 PM

The only food that poses a me any problem, is sometimes, if meat is cooked too tough, I have to cut it into bite sized pieces, but besides that, no problem at all :)

I'm supposed to see one for gum care, but I haven't, my gums are doing better now than before I had them pulled.

I got a temp plate, and was supposed to go back after a year to get a permanent plate, but my temps are still holding good, so I'm putting it off until better financial times..lol

I was on pain meds.  The first couple days were the worse, everyday after that got better.  After about 2 weeks, I didn't have much problem at all.  Maybe a some soreness.  There were some foods I still couldn't eat, but with a little bit of time, I was good to go.  After 2 months, I was eating peanuts.

Quoting funny_girl3:

Good to know it's still possible to eat corn!  Are there any foods that you have problems with?  Do you still see a dentist regularly?  Did you get a temporary set of teeth while your mouth was healing?  I'm worried about the pain, I saw in the replies that you said it was painful for about 2 weeks.  Were you on prescription pain meds?  I'm asking because I react badly to pain meds, I'm not allergic but they make me very sick. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurt quite a bit the day I had them pulled, but honey, knowing you'll never have another tooth ache makes it all worth while!!!  

Quoting funny_girl3:

Were they hard to get used to?  I will eventually have to get them, it's a long story but to make it short when I was a child I had a dentist who gave me a bunch of white fillings.  Apparently he did a crummy job because I've been having problems with decay under the fillings, some of my teeth have broken, now I have to get two of my teeth surgically removed.  I've been wondering how it feels to have false teeth.  My teeth are super sensitive and hurt all the time anyway so I really don't think it can be much worse than it is now.  I love fresh corn on the cob but I would give it up not to be in pain all the time.

funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for answering my questions.  I was surprised by how positive people's replies to your post were, a lot of people have had positive experiences with dentures.  It seems like everyone I talk to IRL keeps telling me to hold on to the teeth that I have for as long as possible, I think those people must not understand what it feels like to be in pain all the time, to not be able to eat anything that is hot or cold or hard or chewy without pain or risk of breaking teeth.  I'm glad you are doing well with your new and improved teeth.

Quoting Anonymous:

The only food that poses a me any problem, is sometimes, if meat is cooked too tough, I have to cut it into bite sized pieces, but besides that, no problem at all :)

I'm supposed to see one for gum care, but I haven't, my gums are doing better now than before I had them pulled.

I got a temp plate, and was supposed to go back after a year to get a permanent plate, but my temps are still holding good, so I'm putting it off until better financial times..lol

I was on pain meds.  The first couple days were the worse, everyday after that got better.  After about 2 weeks, I didn't have much problem at all.  Maybe a some soreness.  There were some foods I still couldn't eat, but with a little bit of time, I was good to go.  After 2 months, I was eating peanuts.

Quoting funny_girl3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting funny_girl3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Do you give better blow jobs now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Your very welcome.

They must not understand, cause if they have had any problems, then they would understand.  I wouldn't pay any mind to them.  I would do what's best for YOU!

Quoting funny_girl3:

Thanks for answering my questions.  I was surprised by how positive people's replies to your post were, a lot of people have had positive experiences with dentures.  It seems like everyone I talk to IRL keeps telling me to hold on to the teeth that I have for as long as possible, I think those people must not understand what it feels like to be in pain all the time, to not be able to eat anything that is hot or cold or hard or chewy without pain or risk of breaking teeth.  I'm glad you are doing well with your new and improved teeth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting funny_girl3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting funny_girl3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Dh says the bj's are awesome, with or without teeth, but I can tell he likes the no teeth bj's better.  So, my answer is yes :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you give better blow jobs now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)