Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They are fighting for our freedom....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
3 moms liked this

I really don't mean to be offensive, but I know a lot of people will be.

When I hear that line, in referance to the soliders fighting in the middle east, I cringe. Our freedom was fought for centries ago, and you could also consider World war II as fighting for our freedom, but we only got into that war because we were attacked by a major power that was trying to take over the world. 

As for this war....who are we fighting? What are we fighting for? Osama Bin Laden is dead, so why the fuck are we still over there. It sucks because we can pull out of the middle east completely because they fucking hate us, and I really don't blame them. 

I know the 9/11 attacks were very tragic, and the people that did it, are honestly probably dead by now.

This war isn't even a war anymore, its like we're a 10 year old kid with a magnifying glass burning up a bunch of ants. 

Lets be honest here...they aren't fighting for our rights and freedoms. We already have those, and to be honest, our government is starting to slowly take those away.

Just an opinion. I have a brother in the army, and he would agree with me. We aren't fighting for anything at this point, other than power over a weak people.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree....and I was a military wife....with multiple deployments.

usmc.momma
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree for the most part but I still think they are fighting to maintain our freedom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM

True, I will agree with that. But really....the first 5 years of this war was enough to maintain. Now its just getting really sad, and I'm almost ashamed of it.

Quoting usmc.momma:

I agree for the most part but I still think they are fighting to maintain our freedom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Our military is still fighting to maintain our freedom. Without our military then we'd be an easy target. What are they still doing over there in the sandbox? Trying to help those countries get back on their feet. Doing bomb sweeps in residential neighborhoods and clearing mine fields so no more kids get their arms blown off, helping to train the new military force over there so they can defend their citizens, eliminating threats, etc...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM
You are right. I have to lie to myself to get thru deployments tho. Even if soldiers are being used by our government for corrupt purposes, they are still helping people, and hopefully someone's life over there is changed for the better because of us :-/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM

My brother has been deployed twice. Before he was deployed, and he was fresh out of bootcamp, he was all into it. He was ready to go kill him some towel heads, and he would say army slogans, and argue with me about why he was going, and he was fighting for my freedom and stuff like that. After he came back from his first deployment, he was a COMPLETELY different person and it made me so sad....he seriously lost his spark. The second time he came back, he actually got blown up, he got some shrapnel in his arm, he totally fine physically, but, mentally, hes a shell of a person now. Hes got his wife that loves him, so I'm thankful for that...but now...he just doesn't want anything to do with this war and he seriously regrets ever joining. 

Hes not the only solider I know that feels like he does. 

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Agree....and I was a military wife....with multiple deployments.

EAzizM
by Erica on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2camy
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I agree 100%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

True, I will agree with that. But really....the first 5 years of this war was enough to maintain. Now its just getting really sad, and I'm almost ashamed of it.

Quoting usmc.momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L.sands
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I agree.

My husband has a TBI and  physical abilities are very limited becasue of his leg injury.

All for fucking nothing.

Maybe I'm just a little bitter about the entire situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)